Let's help each other get higher on Google

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trops

Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering if there's any of you who want to swap web links?

Just give me your salons website address and any little description you want I'll put you on my website and all I ask in return is that you do the same for me.

An expert said this is suposed to be good for search engine optimisation and doesn't cost anything so come on geeks we really should be helping each other out here - worth a try - whose up for it!

It will sort of work... You need to make sure the link is done correctly IE rather than just http://www.yourbeautysalon.co.uk/ you'll need to use a hyperlink anchor such as Beauty Salon Glasgow and you'll want this in around a 300-500 paragraph of relevant info.

Also the quality of the link will depend on the quality of the website. A website with no metrics or previous SEO isn't likely to pass much, if any SEO juice across to the linking site. Doing it from a free build site such a wix site probably wouldn't make a difference for example.

It's true that in SEO 1 very good link (which can cost £20+ per link) is worth 1,000 low level links. If you had tons of low level links to your domain/website this isn't going to help your backlink profile as it will look very 'spammy' to google however as we probably aren't talking thousands of links between everyone it isn't really going to be an issue.

Since this is free what you guys are going to be doing it's worth a go, just make sure the hyperlink is anchored to a search term you are trying to rank for otherwise it's no good. That's the main bit :)

I used to have lots of links to other websites when I had a handmade one but when I had one made by a company he told me they were a hindrance rather than a help.

Latest posts

Back