Lifting orange tones help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amberraych90

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to here.. I need some advice on Wella products please as its what I am used to.

I recently used a bleach + 12% to colour melt (non of which touched the scalp!)

However there is a orange banding near the root area and although I had toned again, it isn't shifting.

Leaving the hair with treatments for a few weeks until it's safe to bleach again using a lower % peroxide, but incase of those stubborn orange tones.. which toners can you recommend to clean out orange?

It's so confusing reading opinions online between T18, 7/81, 8/81 or 9/81. The mid lengths and ends are nearer 10 base, however a 10 toner isn't lifting the orange tones near the root so I know I need to go lower but which one?? The orange base is probably closest to a 8 or 9.

Thank you in advance! X

I had to mega zoom in as the image kept saying too big to post but here you can see the orangey banding, this picture was taken in natural sun light. The orange looks darker in darker lighting!

Attachments

• 20200615_144222.jpg
    20200615_144222.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 48
I’m confused by your post because why are you using bleach plus 12%. That seems excessive and strange that it didn’t lift past orange.
Were you removing old colour?

You always choose a toner that‘s the same level that you’ve lifted to. A 10 toner is never going to neutralise orange. If you’ve got orange than it’s only lifted to a 7/8

I used bleach powder with 12% peroxide for 30 minutes, I had previously done all the correct testing and only used this on where the banding is still showing as warm as that is where there was warm shade of brown from an old balayage done previously.

So to eliminate the yellow/orange banding with a Wella toner to clean out to match mid lengths and ends, is there one that you could best recommend?

Thank you X

Latest posts

Back