Liquid & Powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeauty

Reaction score
Very naive I know but im assuming it might be related to acrylics (dont do them currently - but will) can something tell me what it stands for???? Don't laugh - he he:biggrin:

Liquid and powder hun x

By the way i wouldn't worry i didn't realise what it stood for untill a few days ago lol

Thanks for the reply Gemba - since your the best person to speak to being a techician, can I ask another question... want to offer the French tips in Minx on fingernail and I understand from looking on here that I need the template from Sweet Squared which Im going to get (if there wasnt a problem with their website argh!!!). But since I dont use Arcylic products yet what would you suggest??? I'm a relatively newbie to this so your experience is priceless.... thanks in advance. x:biggrin:

Sorry I meant on the top after applying Minx french tips? lolx

Hun i'm just a trainee at the mo untill weds when i have my final exams lol. So i'm prob not the best to answer that but i'm sure soon one of the man lovely knowledgable (sp) technicians will answer you correctly lol. Sorry!

Many not man, sorry feeling abit ditzy today lol

Hi again, thanks anyway for the reply... must be the weather (for being ditzy) its blxxdy pouring down here lol x:wink2:

Hi JBeauty - Do you mean what should you put on top of the minx french once you have put it on the nail?
You don't need to apply anything on top of the minx (whatever the design) hun, just put the minx on and away you go :biggrin: Some geeks do put a top coat on (usually on fingers), but IMO you shouldn't need to do this. But its personal preference.

Hi Muddy, thanks for the reply.. even for just the tips - i was worried that I should have a smooth finish over the whole nail? Advice appreciated please!!! x

Hi - if you do a quick search in the bit above for minx application, it should come up with some posts about applying minx etc. The minx should be smooth anyway when you apply it to the nails, if you are getting air bubbles or wrinkles you need to follow the advice on the threads - sorry its late and im about to go to bed so brain isn't working lol.

some people use a top coat like lumos (great top coat by the way) on the free edge to help seal in the minx. But to be honest Ive never used any other product and the minx have lasted fine both on fingers and toe nails.

It may be a case of just get your mates in and practice, practice and practice some more to get the smoothness - but you will soon pick it up :wink2:

Latest posts

Back