Looking for employment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
I have qualified in both NVQ Level 2 and Level 3 Beauty Therapy. I qualified last year however I have no experience so I am struggling to find somewhere that will even consider me for a job, which is understandable. I am 18 years old, but please don't let this put you off I work extremely hard. My previous job was cleaning, in between my training so I do have some work experience but not in the industry. I am in the UK, West Yorkshire area. I will gladly do an apprenticeship (if this is possible). I would also be willing to do one day a week in either salon or spa (without pay) to help out and gain some experience and confidence. I am willing to do anything!

Hi hon, just wanted to wish you the best of luck!

Vicki x

Good for you! Your attitude should take you far. Hope someone gives you a chance to shine x

I have qualified in both NVQ Level 2 and Level 3 Beauty Therapy. I qualified last year however I have no experience so I am struggling to find somewhere that will even consider me for a job, which is understandable. I am 18 years old, but please don't let this put you off I work extremely hard. My previous job was cleaning, in between my training so I do have some work experience but not in the industry. I am in the UK, West Yorkshire area. I will gladly do an apprenticeship (if this is possible). I would also be willing to do one day a week in either salon or spa (without pay) to help out and gain some experience and confidence. I am willing to do anything!

I'm possibly looking for someone in the near future Chantele but I'm South Yorkshire. xx

I'm possibly looking for someone in the near future Chantele but I'm South Yorkshire. xx

Can I ask where abouts you are in Yorkshire? I'm near Leeds. xx

Good for you! Your attitude should take you far. Hope someone gives you a chance to shine x

Thank you Missy Muffin! Appreciate it! xx

If there are any spas nearby, don't be afraid to apply. Even if they don't seem to be actively recruiting it's always worth sending a speculative letter and CV, or even popping in. The staff turnovers in spas tend to be quite high and they often employ therapists with no experience so it mightn't be long until you get a phone call.

Spas are really hard work (can't be that bad though, I've done almost 7 years) but they are a fantastic way to get your foot in the door.

Good luck! If you need any help with your CV this is a fantastic place with some lovely helpful people :D

Latest posts

Back