Loose waves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalounewt

Reaction score
Hi, i really want my hair cutting like this, my hair is quite naturally straight. Can a hairdresser recommend how i would get my hair wavy like this?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417855826.278779.jpg

Just curl it with a large ring, spray some salt spray then blast with the dryer. Then just play with it, with your go gets till it sits how you want x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou, never heard of salt spray before! Ill have to invest! X

Hi,
you could try a loose perm, there's lots of updated perming techniques around now
x

Thankyou, never heard of salt spray before! Ill have to invest! X

It really is an amazing product! You won't look back!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't advise a perm just for a loose curl, unless you had tried every other option, and wanted to have your hair like that every day x

Try Tigi Session Styling Salt Spray, it's in a black and silver bottle, its the best x

I'm not a hair dresser, but I had my hair permed into loose waves by a good experienced hairdresser and I regret it every day! My hair is usually dead straight and now kinda looks a mess unless I style it properly, I wish I just had a normal perm least there would be defined curls lol

I'm not a hair dresser, but I had my hair permed into loose waves by a good experienced hairdresser and I regret it every day! My hair is usually dead straight and now kinda looks a mess unless I style it properly, I wish I just had a normal perm least there would be defined curls lol

Yeah, there so much hard work, so damaging. If they weren't so dehydrating and limiting then it would be a great idea, but you won't have the option of just doing nothing with it, you will have to style it.

This is why I said on another thread I would never recomend a perm to someone who has never had one before x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah, there so much hard work, so damaging. If they weren't so dehydrating and limiting then it would be a great idea, but you won't have the option of just doing nothing with it, you will have to style it.

This is why I said on another thread I would never recomend a perm to someone who has never had one before x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had spiral perms for years when I was younger and loved it!!! Just woke up n put product in it...good to go! Unfortunately they aren't fashionable anymore lol But a loose curl was pointless for me :( x

I had spiral perms for years when I was younger and loved it!!! Just woke up n put product in it...good to go! Unfortunately they aren't fashionable anymore lol But a loose curl was pointless for me :( x

I think hair products are so much more advanced now, it's so easy to create curl in flat, straight hair, with mousses, sprays and tongs. I can't really speak for the 80s because I wasn't born then. I just think people want more versatility with their hair now. They want to be able to tie it up for work, then at the weekend curl it or straighten it x

I think hair products are so much more advanced now, it's so easy to create curl in flat, straight hair, with mousses, sprays and tongs. I can't really speak for the 80s because I wasn't born then. I just think people want more versatility with their hair now. They want to be able to tie it up for work, then at the weekend curl it or straighten it x

I was only born in 1988 I'm 26 but around the age of 12/13 they were very popular around my area for some reason lol I kinda cringe looking back but did love it at the time lol but the only thing that I can curl my hair with which lasts more than 2 hours are curl formers, it's needs to dry naturally into that shape rather than using heat, hate having straight hair :( guess we are never happy with wot we got :) x

Oh well thankyou, i will certainly invest in some salt spray! Xx

Hi there, if you have a perm you can still blowdrys it into curls, or straight! Back in the 80's & 90's I had perms or Demiwaves just to give my fine hair body! X

Hi there, if you have a perm you can still blowdrys it into curls, or straight! Back in the 80's & 90's I had perms or Demiwaves just to give my fine hair body! X

I know you can blow dry it straight but for a client that just wants a bit of curl every now and then, I think it's too much of a commitment. Especially if they had never had a perm before and didn't really know what to expect x

I know you can blow dry it straight but for a client that just wants a bit of curl every now and then, I think it's too much of a commitment. Especially if they had never had a perm before and didn't really know what to expect x

I think you're right... dont think perm is the way forward at all. Big tongs are the best thing in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back