L'Orèal Iona info please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hiya. Rumours flying round between my
Hairdresser friends majirel is beind fazed out and getting replaced with oil based product iona. Not familiar with this product but will of course attend the correct course if this does happen. Does any body else have any info about how this product works, what it is, what it does, pros and cons of this product. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya. Rumours flying round between my
Hairdresser friends majirel is beind fazed out and getting replaced with oil based product iona. Not familiar with this product but will of course attend the correct course if this does happen. Does any body else have any info about how this product works, what it is, what it does, pros and cons of this product. Thank you.

Hey Elli,

I really don't think majirel is going anywhere for a long time (as long as people keep buying it).

The pro's I would say for the client is is a much nicer experience as it has no odor or irritation.
The colour result is softer, which looks more natural than the more dense finish you get with majirel.
We now use it for most full head colours and it is also good for foils and balayage.
It is priced at £10 higher than majirel to the client.

Con's I would say is that it needs some more vibrant reds and it could do with mix tones as we have with majirel.
The application is more precise since you have to take very fine sections working upwards and completly saturate the hair, or you will not get optimal results.

Here is some technical info for you to download: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B31np8NjpZLqLU5ONVIwQ2UycVU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks so much!
So its just a permenant colour. How is the texutre to work with? Is it oily, thick, glooby? Xx

Thanks so much!
So its just a permenant colour. How is the texutre to work with? Is it oily, thick, glooby? Xx

Hi there.

Yeah its a nice creamy consistency. I would say its a bit more runny than Majirel. It has a slight oily consistency as well. And as mentioned above, apply plenty of product to saturate the hair to attain perfect coverage.

It emulsifies and rinses out really well leaving the hair super soft. I have used it twice and is quite impressed. 60g tubes as apposed to Majirels 50g. Make sure you use the Inoa ODS 2 oxidant. Don't use plain generic peroxide otherwise the consistency will be wrong and you won't get perfect coverage on any grey/white hair. :wink2:

Thays fantastic advise. Looking forward to having a go!! Xx

I hate inoa! I wouldnt bother using it lol

Really missy please let me know your opinion x

I just hate it! It doesnt cover very well, annoying to mix, clients were complaining, your never sure what colour you will get. Best thing to do it try it for yourself. Lucia

I've got mixed reviews on inoa. We've had it in salon for over a year now and it's has it's advantages! For some clients it's great for coverage and much softer on the scalp/hair.
The disadvantages are I find they fade very easily, the mixing up is very precise so not great if in a hurry. The application is ok but find I always need to mix up more for for taking the colour through to ends on longer hair.

Sent from stephanielouise

Ok thanks took all this on board. Will post my opinion wen i use it! X

Search inoa in this forum and u will see what people think

I love inoa, and I love the results I get from it. The fade is much softer and I really love the way it covers white hair. I've not had any experience with the reds/ coppers but love the blondes and brunette tones.

Latest posts

Back