Losing clients moving to a different salon!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hbirdette292

Reaction score
Hello all, I’m UK based to gearing up to go back to work soon - can’t wait!
here is my problem, during lockdown I handed my notice and and I’m going to be working in a different salon which is 7 miles/20 mins away from my old salon. It was the only place I’ve ever worked but I was in need of a change.
whilst it’s great that I’ve had quite a lot of clients come with me, I can’t help but feel absolutely gutted that I won’t see some of them again for various reasons (too far, doesn’t fit in with work etc) please tell me I’m not the only one that feels so affected when losing clients! I’m moving to a busy salon but can’t help but take it so personally.
I’m sure I’ll get busy again but can’t help but worry in such uncertain times!

Please do not worry - read my post - the ugly face of disappointment!
Those clients you’ve done for years....put yourself out for.... they will not support you
They don’t give a stuff!
The ones who do will follow you
Good luck

Please do not worry - read my post - the ugly face of disappointment!
Those clients you’ve done for years....put yourself out for.... they will not support you
They don’t give a stuff!
The ones who do will follow you
Good luck
Wow, just read it! Honestly makes me realise that all those times I bent over backwards to get people in kind of feels like it was for nothing! I know we are not the only ones facing this, it just hurts though! Good luck to you too

Hello all, I’m UK based to gearing up to go back to work soon - can’t wait!
here is my problem, during lockdown I handed my notice and and I’m going to be working in a different salon which is 7 miles/20 mins away from my old salon. It was the only place I’ve ever worked but I was in need of a change.
whilst it’s great that I’ve had quite a lot of clients come with me, I can’t help but feel absolutely gutted that I won’t see some of them again for various reasons (too far, doesn’t fit in with work etc) please tell me I’m not the only one that feels so affected when losing clients! I’m moving to a busy salon but can’t help but take it so personally.
I’m sure I’ll get busy again but can’t help but worry in such uncertain times!
Don't take it personally, but learn from it. Continue to be professional but put yourself first. Good luck at your new salon, I'm sure it won't be long before you start picking new clients up

Don't take it personally, but learn from it. Continue to be professional but put yourself first. Good luck at your new salon, I'm sure it won't be long before you start picking new clients up
Thank you my partner has just reminded me about how miserable I was because I was working such long hours so I reckon this is a blessing in disguise. I think the fact I have had 15 weeks off has all gone to my head a little bit!

Latest posts

Back