Lost a client...to Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

I just thought I would chime in here. I am a new manicurist in California and I had the good fortune of learning both gel and acrylic in school. I have been able to specialize in Gel while I am having trouble with acrylic still. But I am doing alot more gels than acrylics. I found that Gel is easier to apply but it takes patience, lots of patience. They can be wonderfull as long as the gel is cured well. My wife loves them because they are lighter and since they are non-pourus she can change her polish as often as she wants(and believe me she does it alot, drives me nuts because when I chance her polish on her hands she wants her toes changed to).

I use NSI Light Fantastic and OPI Microbond. I know you can pick up an OPI professional kit that comes with a Video. That will pretty much get you started. A little practice and you should be fine. If you can do great acrylics then gels should be easy.

But that's just my opinion. Email me if you have any questions.

I really think I am going to borrow the money to get Brisa! I want really want to offer it an it would mean I have ahieved another goal of offering all 3 systems....I will keep you posted as might need a model to attend the Leeds academy with me..

Hurry Louise, book the course....I booked mine last week and will be there Aug 13th and Lily is my model, it would be great to be on the same course and then afterwards we could meet up and practice on each other to perfect it!!! Hope you find the money hun.

paula said:
Hurry Louise, book the course....I booked mine last week and will be there Aug 13th and Lily is my model, it would be great to be on the same course and then afterwards we could meet up and practice on each other to perfect it!!! Hope you find the money hun.

Hi Paula,

I'm also booked on the course 13th Aug, so look forward to seeing you there. I originally booked on 26th July and my model informed me it was my sons 4th birthday!!!!! :o How could i forget my little action man??
Anyway a loverly lady at Leeds transfered my date to the 13th Aug (not usually allowed, so I am very grateful ;) )
So whoever is training on Monday I will be thinking of you whilst singing 'Happy Birthday' :lol:
See you on the 13th Paula, and anyone else who is training.

Mel xx

Look forward to meeting you Mel...and everyone else on the course, I will have to be extra careful though....being Friday the 13th :D . Not that I am superstitious or anything!!

paula said:
Hi Paula...cant get in until the September - boohoo..but like the idea of meeting up to practice...Lou x

Latest posts

Back