Refusing client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaigeRosexxx

Reaction score
I have a client who keeps requesting long, thick builder gel with tips. She’s been having acrylic for years (not by me) and I have converted her, however, she is of ill health, having falls, breaking nails and damaging her nails. I have told her a few times now to have a break as it is not good and I’ve gave in when she’s point blank refused to get a soak off very bluntly and wants her gross nails. It’s time for me to be firm on her next appointment and I may loose a regular.
Have you ever dealt with stubborn clients like this?

Had several of these over the years and I found that even if you advise and suggest whatever you think is best , they will still choose to ignore you if that is not what they want to hear. They pay for what they want. Obviously if the treatment is a contra-indication and affects your insurance then that is a different matter.

You end up exhausted because of the effort in explaining the benefits of a much "kinder" service. They take the hump and will leave anyway.
Time will tell if her choice becomes impossible. Nail breaks and a potential hospital stay will be the only way to change things....Or maybe not.

I recently pleaded with a client to just have natural nails because of her failing health. Even visiting her by her hospital bedside ( she had become a very special friend ) "Nope" was her reply! Sadly she died in hospital and do you know what? I was totally chuffed that she passed away 😔 with the most glamorous of nails.... so very appropriate.

Latest posts

Back