Low lights in platinum blonde bleached hair???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me9ai

Reaction score
Heya,

I have the same problem as I have read many also have...I started getting blonde highlights about 5 years ago and the colour was so solid (and I could no longer afford foils) that I have just been getting my roots bleached for the last year.
I like being blonde but HATE it when it grows out (after about 2 weeks) because it looks so trashy. I am also quite fed up with it and would like to go back to a natural colour with a few blonde bits (i.e. start the process again).
My natural hair colour is a standard mousey brown, quite ashy. I get my roots done every 6 weeks, and my next hair approintment is due the first week in June and I don't know what to do.
I have been recommended to get lowlights and make the process make to darker gradual.
Does this actually work or just look stripey?
Any other suggestions?

Hope someone professional can help me!!! ta muchly x

It will work to tone down your hair...but you'll still feel rooty.

What I would recommend is to get your hair done in foils, with a load of warm based lowlights which are the same shade as your base colour, and get a few blondey ones put in too, through the top. Depending how porous your hair is, the brown could fade out a bit, but just persevere with the growing out, and when you finally get to a colour you want, you won't need to do your roots so much as it will be closer to your natural colour.

Just tell your hairdresser you want warm lowlights, and explain why. She will be able to figure out the rest :D good luck xxx

Thanks for your reply.

Another query I had was with the health of my hair. I only get my bleach put on the roots and I'm big on deep conditioners, so my hair is in relatively good condition. By putting lowlights on the tips will that put it into a bad condition?

What would you recommend to keep my hair in good condition but to gradually get rid of the bleach?

taaa x

i would say that the lowlights will not damage your hair. and growing the full head bleach out will help it a lot too.

go to a salon which stocks wella sp, and ask for their advice. depending on what your hair is like, they may advise power mask (for highly damaged hair) or something like repair mask or colour saver mask. get a shampoo too. You'll come away £30ish lighter, but if you want your hair to be in top notch condition, it'll be the best £30 you ever spent. Will also help to stlow the fade of the lowlights. xxx

Latest posts

Back