Loyalty systems that work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi fellow salon owners,

would love you to share what loyalty systems you use for rewarding your customers. i am a small business and want something that doesn;t get clients hooked with free but feel rewarded and incentivised.

thank you

Hi

Why not try out the loyalty section in Hive salon software you can avail of a free 30 day trial.

Our team is here to help

Regards

Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
All good ideas.

Regarding the loyalty apps that someone posted, creating your own hair salon loyalty program can be expensive, and you'd be responsible for maintaining the function and upgrade of the software each time the phone companies upgrade their operating systems. Why not use a service that can provide you your custom branded loyalty application without the commitment and cost of building your own. Here are some screen captures from the system we currently offer in the States called "Rewardster":

IMG_6001-209x371.jpg
IMG_59971-209x371.jpg
IMG_6002-209x371.jpg
IMG_6188-209x371.jpg

Right now we're only available in the States, but we're looking to build relationships with salons abroad for experience as to how to best service those customers.

I haven't started yet but my local salon where I have my eyebrows waxed do a loyalty card and if you have 8 boxes signed then you get a free eye brow wax BONUS :) no min spend on treatments either.

Hi I've just recently started this new loyalty a System thAt has brought in loads of clients and encouraged my regulars to spend more during the month. Basically if a client spends £50 in the month I give them a £5 voucher and if they spend £70 they get a £10 voucher. It sounds like loads but I have a loyalty card per client per month (and a spreadsheet for me) and say they use the voucher the next month, then only the money they have physically spent with me (not including the voucher) gets put towards that months rewards so they still continue to spend £50 or £70 to get the reward again. So I'm not technically losing out as some have went from spending £40 a month to £70 and they just have a treatment added on with there voucher as they still want to make the rewards with their cash spend. It sounds really complicated when I write it down ! I hope it makes sense [emoji3]I have kinda made my own loyalty cards to get me started xxxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442185796.496016.jpg

Hi I've just recently started this new loyalty a System thAt has brought in loads of clients and encouraged my regulars to spend more during the month. Basically if a client spends £50 in the month I give them a £5 voucher and if they spend £70 they get a £10 voucher. It sounds like loads but I have a loyalty card per client per month (and a spreadsheet for me) and say they use the voucher the next month, then only the money they have physically spent with me (not including the voucher) gets put towards that months rewards so they still continue to spend £50 or £70 to get the reward again. So I'm not technically losing out as some have went from spending £40 a month to £70 and they just have a treatment added on with there voucher as they still want to make the rewards with their cash spend. It sounds really complicated when I write it down ! I hope it makes sense [emoji3]I have kinda made my own loyalty cards to get me started xxxxView attachment 190564

Love it.

What if you add a spot for cell phone and/or email address? This way, when customer turn the card back into you, upon final stamping, you can use that to build a customer database for yourself? Or, to be more secure, you print the cards with a perforated stub on which to write that information and tear it off before you give them the card?

A simple way allow your loyalty cards to serve double duty, and help you maintain a long-term customer database, which every business owner needs.

Thanks [emoji3] that's a plan. I'm a bit of a Information freak too, so I have excel monthly customer loyalty account spreadsheet, a loyalty voucher tracking sheet and a massive folder with every single client and all details and consultation forms and record cards. I can't believe how much this offer has increased my takings xxx

Thanks [emoji3] that's a plan. I'm a bit of a Information freak too, so I have excel monthly customer loyalty account spreadsheet, a loyalty voucher tracking sheet and a massive folder with every single client and all details and consultation forms and record cards. I can't believe how much this offer has increased my takings xxx

Yes, we information freaks think alike, lol.

If you could figure out how to add in a reward option for bringing in a friend, or if they take a picture of your handiwork and post it on their favorite social network, you stand to grow your customer base, as well as increase the loyalty of existing customers.

I'm sure your spreadsheet also records the dates of visits. You could also track it for the date of last visit and if it's been a while since the last visit you could always send out an email (assuming you've recorded the email address on the spreadsheet) to invite them back and include some kind of incentive to do so. Statistically, 50% of your customer base will never return if left without contact for a period of 5 years. It's always less expensive to bring back a past customer than to acquire a new customer, by about 5 times less expensive.

Last edited:

Ooo... found an interesting Youtube video which shows how to configure a reminder date into your Excel spreadsheet. It can help you track the last time someone was in to see you, without having to have you go and manually look at each customer's last visit date.

Hope that helps!

Last idea, unless you want more...

If you add in the Excel Reminder function, you could add your client's birthday to the spreadsheet and with the reminder configuration you could set it to remind you on their birthday each year, to give you a chance to call them personally or at least send them a "Happy Birthday" email, your choice. Great personal touch, and helps to give you a reason to reach out and talk to them in the event they stopped coming in for any reason.

Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back