Lush Us Aftercare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingLippy

Reaction score
I fitted Lush Us Opulent hair in my sister around 4.5 weeks ago (number 4) and have just had to remove it as the hair was tangled so bad, constantly matting and backcombing itself. I have fitted this hair in around 20 clients since my sisters - she was the first. I am now panicking like mad that I am going to start getting my client's all coming back to me one by one and have to remove and replace - i could be hundreds and hundreds of pounds down here. My stomach is in knots. I contacted them by e-mail and explained and asked there policy in this situation. This was her reply:

I am very sorry to hear your sister has had issues with the quality of Lush-us hair. We would be more than happy to have a sample tested for you to find out what has caused the problems she experienced. Please could you provide me with either the invoice number (or approximate date) you purchased both the hair and aftercare so we can check the batch numbers. Once I have received this information, I will open a quality enquiry case number and send you a self-addressed envelope, so that you can return some samples for testing.

Please don’t panic about your other clients, We do everything possible to ensure our hair is high quality and providing they have used Lush-us aftercare as directed there should be no problems. We haven’t had any similar complaints lately, so there is no reason for us to believe there is a problem with the hair as a whole.

My worry is that 1) she makes no mention of a refund or replace or that the problem could be on their side 2) At no time has it ever been advertised or stated that in order for Lush Us hair to be kept healthy and in good condition, their aftercare must be used!! Does this mean that if the hair is bad and my client has not used their products then it is their fault? All my clients are provide with an aftercare sheet which they read at CONSULTATION and when they are having their extensions fitted, I discuss every point with them and get them to sign a form. I do recommend Lush Us aftercare but many of my girls have been having extensions for a long time and use appropriate products which they know work and take very good care. I find this very bad practice of Lush Us to say this now - I have replied saying I will send in the samples but until I receive a satisfactory outcome of this I will not be purchasing any more hair from them. I have contacted Halo for samples and will be looking into Balmain also.

Has anyone had any experience with Lush Us customer service or a similar problem such as mine?

I fitted extensions using Lush Us hair a couple of weeks ago and my client has said that her hair is very dry. She has had extensions before and has never experienced this in the past and she is using professional extension products.
Celebrity Elite hair has been recommended to me so I am going to give them a try.

It could be the aftercare products.

I have just found out that my client, with dry hair, has been using X10 so that could be the problem because I have read it causes the extensions to become dry. She is going to start using Lush Us after care products (which I recommended in the the first place) and see if it improves.

I fitted Lush Us Opulent hair in my sister around 4.5 weeks ago (number 4) and have just had to remove it as the hair was tangled so bad, constantly matting and backcombing itself. I have fitted this hair in around 20 clients since my sisters - she was the first. I am now panicking like mad that I am going to start getting my client's all coming back to me one by one and have to remove and replace - i could be hundreds and hundreds of pounds down here. My stomach is in knots. I contacted them by e-mail and explained and asked there policy in this situation. This was her reply:

I am very sorry to hear your sister has had issues with the quality of Lush-us hair. We would be more than happy to have a sample tested for you to find out what has caused the problems she experienced. Please could you provide me with either the invoice number (or approximate date) you purchased both the hair and aftercare so we can check the batch numbers. Once I have received this information, I will open a quality enquiry case number and send you a self-addressed envelope, so that you can return some samples for testing.

Please don’t panic about your other clients, We do everything possible to ensure our hair is high quality and providing they have used Lush-us aftercare as directed there should be no problems. We haven’t had any similar complaints lately, so there is no reason for us to believe there is a problem with the hair as a whole.

My worry is that 1) she makes no mention of a refund or replace or that the problem could be on their side 2) At no time has it ever been advertised or stated that in order for Lush Us hair to be kept healthy and in good condition, their aftercare must be used!! Does this mean that if the hair is bad and my client has not used their products then it is their fault? All my clients are provide with an aftercare sheet which they read at CONSULTATION and when they are having their extensions fitted, I discuss every point with them and get them to sign a form. I do recommend Lush Us aftercare but many of my girls have been having extensions for a long time and use appropriate products which they know work and take very good care. I find this very bad practice of Lush Us to say this now - I have replied saying I will send in the samples but until I receive a satisfactory outcome of this I will not be purchasing any more hair from them. I have contacted Halo for samples and will be looking into Balmain also.

Has anyone had any experience with Lush Us customer service or a similar problem such as mine?

I had the same problem but it had to be removed after 2 weeks. The analysis came back as bad aftercare, therefore I didn't receive s refund or replacement. My client had the revitiliser and morrocan oil. Wat colour did she have? Mine was 613.

I had the same problem but it had to be removed after 2 weeks. The analysis came back as bad aftercare, therefore I didn't receive s refund or replacement. My client had the revitiliser and morrocan oil. Wat colour did she have? Mine was 613.

Yeah you just know it's gonna come back as bad aftercare here as well, no way will they admit to having bad hair, her's was number 4 so not even a light blonde. She used revitaliser and moroccan oil too plus protein sprays, leave in conditioner, proper extension shampoo and cond. Really really took her time taking care of it. They've def lost a customer in me I think :(

poor quality hair can be a pain for all parties

Hi I've used lush-us for over a year now, I've only had one problem with bad hair and that was only a few weeks ago with the opulent 22inch 613..they gave me a refund. I found the customer service to be excellent and as such I still use their hair, although I do also use celeb elite and have been steering my very blonde clients towards that as I'm obviously A little cautious about the lushus 613 now. I will say tho that I involved them in the problem from the very start, luckily for me this was one of my regular clients who has been wearing lush-us hair for a year so she knew after only a few washes that it wasn't as good as what she'd had before..I took plenty of photos of the fuzzed up hair, I treat the hair with the revitiliser, washed styled it and took more photos...then she came back a few hours later with the biggest hair I've ever seen...I took more photos. I emailed all this info and pics to lush-us for their advice (over the weekend), and didn't remove it until I'd spoke to them...Rachel emailed me back 1st thing on the mon morning, I spoke to her later on in the day and I was refunded by the tea time. I think that's pretty good customer service for any company.

Have been reading this thread with interest as I too am a regular Lush Us Uk Customer. i've had no problems as of yet with the Opulent range and have fitted many clients with light blondes etc. i don't want to throw a spanner in the work or offend anyone but even companies like Balmain state that their hair is guaranteed only when using "their" aftercare products. Obviously their hair and products will be a far higher quality than Lush Us products hence the much higher price. If Balmain work to these policies why is it unfair for smaller companies to also work to these policies????? Aslo, Many of our clients claim to understand aftercare, and be following a good routine, however if you're not with them 24 hrs a day how can we guarantee they are!!! It's great to hear that Debcam has had a good outcome from the company by sending the hair back etc. Am now interested what the results of the testing was for FeelingLippy, how did you get on??

Latest posts

Back