Lv 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if someone can give me any advice as to is it worth doing lv 3 in hair i'm currently on my lv 2 but unsure as to whether to do the lv 3. Theres an open day at the college this week about hair which i goin to but wanted some more opinions.

Kelly

Hi there, it really depends on what your career progression is going to be. Will you be going into a salon? Will you be going Mobile? I myself am only qualified to level 2 and working towards level 2 barbering, but I am Mobile and so feel Level 3 is not worth it really for me, as I only want the Colour Correction and advance/creative cutting/colouring out of it, but I can do these in 1 or 2 days separate and for a lot cheaper.

If you aim to be working in a salon it depends on how high up you want to become and possibly if you are wanting to possibly go and train to become a tutor of Hairdressing or an assessor etc. After you have done level 2 any salon you work for may pay and put you through level 3. It also depends on whether you would like to be a colour technician etc aswell.

Personally I wouldn't do it, as I would rather do the advanced 1 day courses for what I do, but it really depends on what your plans are for the future.

Thanks Delia, after qualifying im thinking of working in a salon for some experience then going mobile. I went to the college today as they had an open day & 1 of the tutors there said it wouldnt be worth me doing it unless i wanted to teach hair so i think im just going to stick with level 2.:)

I am going to do my level 3 as i really want to learn about colour correction and advanced cutting especially with todays fashion cuts that are in.
in my class of level 2's we are just about finished level 2 just got perming exam to do. there is 14 of us and only about 5 going on to do level 3....i personally think for me i would want to be trained up to level 3 but thats just me

Latest posts

Back