MAC lustre drops replacement product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaPapaya

Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a liquid bronzer, with slight shimmer to replace Mac Lustre drops?

I bought 3 when they were discontinued and I'm on the last one now so need to think about a replacement.

It's for personal use, and I wear it everyday.

Any tips please?

I never tried the lustre drops but I think they are similar too nars liquid highlighter I have a tube of orgasm it's a sheer glowing gel? Xxxx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great thank you, I'll take a look at Nars.
:)

I like the consistency & wear of the nars but find the range a bit sparkly. Laguna is the liquid bronzer of the collection & the tone/finish is a bit harsh in my opinion.

I highly recommend Chantecaille gel bronzer:

Radiance Gel Bronzer | Chantecaille Summer Colour 2012

This just gives beautiful lit from within luminescence. The consistency is perfect for mixing into foundation & the finish is the best I have found for a liquid bronzer.

A close second is Armani Maestro liquid summer. Very delicate light reflecting pigments & handy drop applicator. This was limited edition in summer 2014. It sold out almost instantly and proved so popular it's now returned as a permanent product:

MAKE UP,COLLECTIONS,MAESTRO SUN :MAESTRO LIQUID SUMMER BRONZER

Both these liquid bronzers have received a lot of praise & won awards for good reason. They really are in their own league :D

Oh thank you WillowRose I'll take a look at those.

I've not heard of the first brand, so thank you for the links.

I did a bit of googling and the Chanel Soleil seems to be quite highly rated too.

The potted version is like a mousse/gel/cream & I think it's really lovely but not suitable for adding to foundation. I use this as a finishing bronzer sometimes.

The sheer illuminating fluid, which I did own once upon a time as I like to try everything, is VERY sparkly. It's also quite peachy in tone. Some people like this, but for me I feel the finished result looks less natural up close.

I love Chanel products. But a lot of them still contain parabens so I tend to only buy the the true hero products of the line & source the less unique products elsewhere :D

That's great thank you.

I don't mind a bit of sparkle as it goes. I used to love Benefit Hollywood Glo but they discontinued that one too.

I will have a proper look at them all later on. They all sound great!

Many thanks again for your help :)

Another vote for Chanel! Lovely product! :) x

Thank you Alan27 :)

Hello! I'm curious which product you liked best KayaPapaya? I am also a huge fan of the Mac Lustre drops and looking for something that can replace them...thank you!

Latest posts

Back