Majicontrast red and..... ? %

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Just a quickie
Have a client tomorrow who has tinted hair (4.8ch) and wants red slices I'm gonna use Majocontrast can some one just remind me ... I use with 6% or 9% I'm thinking 6 but f someone can confirm having a mind blank lol
Thanks xx

Just a quickie
Have a client tomorrow who has tinted hair (4.8ch) and wants red slices I'm gonna use Majocontrast can some one just remind me ... I use with 6% or 9% I'm thinking 6 but f someone can confirm having a mind blank lol
Thanks xx

Highest 6%

Can I ask a silly question? I use majicontrast, and I use it with 12%, am i not supposed to? Does 6% give the same result? X

Can I ask a silly question? I use majicontrast, and I use it with 12%, am i not supposed to? Does 6% give the same result? X

Nooooooo!! It's got lifting agents in it so using 12% will only result in colour blow!

I thought it was only 6 and 9 % but ive just checked my colour chart and it says can be used with 6 9 or 12 % :) ive only ever used with 6 or 9 and had brilliant results from base 3-4 so may be worth trying a lower peroxide and see if you do get same results xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I used with 6 it could of done with being brighter so may try 9 next time
Thanks for replies xxx

I used with 6 it could of done with being brighter so may try 9 next time
Thanks for replies xxx

It won't make it brighter just create colour blow, it doesn't contain ammonia buffers but does contain lifting agents, the higher the peroxide you use the more the cuticle is opened and the more product is accepted into the hair but because you've opened the cuticle to much the colour comes out quicker.

It won't make it brighter just create colour blow, it doesn't contain ammonia buffers but does contain lifting agents, the higher the peroxide you use the more the cuticle is opened and the more product is accepted into the hair but because you've opened the cuticle to much the colour comes out quicker.

Ahhh I see thanks for the science xx

Although I agree with Blue, the manufactuers instructions do say you can use 6, 9 or 12% .
I personally try to stick with 6 or possibly 9, as I agree it lasts longer.

I have however used 12% on dark coloured hair, as I had previously used 6% on that particular client and it hardly did anything, the 12% although of course will fade more quickly, definatly lifted better and was brighter, so if they are happy for it to fade more quickly ( and you use a semi/ crazy colour inbetween) and the hair is in good condition. The choice is yours :)

Latest posts

Back