Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True but why pay £40 for a palette if only one powder looks ok to contour with. Its certainly not a professional brand.. and yellow powder is only good for those with darker complexions.
Each to their own I guess, but for me professional brands are more of the likes of: Kryolan, Ben Nye etc.. Anastasia is very commercial.

I think she should stick to her brow products because thats what shes really famous for.
Illamasqua and Kevin Aucoin have amazing contour shades as they have a grey undertone... worth buying!

what would u recommend in place of the abh that's a powder? this is for personal use im not a makeup artist but i want a professional makeup look and i have the abh kit but its quite harsh looking when i contour with it on my paler skin

what would u recommend in place of the abh that's a powder? this is for personal use im not a makeup artist but i want a professional makeup look and i have the abh kit but its quite harsh looking when i contour with it on my paler skin

Sleek contour kits are amazing and very affordable. The light shade would be good for you as you have pale skin, the highlighter is better than some expensive ones I own... available from Superdrug and some Boots stores x

Sleek contour kits are amazing and very affordable. The light shade would be good for you as you have pale skin, the highlighter is better than some expensive ones I own... available from Superdrug and some Boots stores x

I second this! I am very pale and the sleek 'fair' face kit is perfect and the blush is great too!

Hi ladies wondering if you can help me, im a beauty therapist but dont do make up part ive had a client asking if i know of any chemical free make up that they can buy, Can any of you suggest anything ?

Thanks

Hi pen31

Mineral makeup is all chemical free, so bare minerals, jane iredale. I think there are quite a few mineral based brands out there.

Hiya - you should use Illamasqua - their foundations are amazing - I use their powder foundations to contour with.

I use Rich Liquid and skin base and they have a chart which show comparisons to other brands like NARS and MAC and BB

Illamasqua's eyeshadow in heroine is good for contouring.

If you want a more budget friendly brand though, NYX's taupe blush is also a good option, because it's not too warm to contour with.

Just thought I'd share this tip

To keep my airbrush bottles secure and in order I use my old roo nail polish bag with foam compartments.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1422715962.001244.jpg

Illamasqua's eyeshadow in heroine is good for contouring.

If you want a more budget friendly brand though, NYX's taupe blush is also a good option, because it's not too warm to contour with.

Do you remember Primal and Rumour blusher from Illamasqua? They were the best for contouring! They have discontinued so many good products, it has actually out me off them.

No never tried those. I hate when great products are discontinued. So disappointing!

any good moisturiser ladies for very very dry skin just to prep before makeup ??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

any good moisturiser ladies for very very dry skin just to prep before makeup ??

the one i told you is nothing but the best.. used by top MUA's

the one i told you is nothing but the best.. used by top MUA's

yes hun i checked it online. it has many ranges. can u send me link please
xx

Hi ladies, I am a makeup artist and i normally have clients who have medium to dark skin tones.
However recently i have ventured into photoshoots and photography and I was wondering if anyone knows of any drug store brands that are good for photography rather than buying Estee Lauder or Illamasqua, which is what I use at the moment on my clients

I would avoid using drug store foundationbrands completely.

Not only do drugs store cosmetics photograph poorly, most photographers and clients prefer to have makeup artists to use makeup that can not be bought in boots especially foundations.

You need to invest in professional brands like graftobain hd, Ben NYE hd or professional grade airbrush systems.

Screenface, PAM, Guru, Charles fox sell these and more.

Give them a call

I would avoid using drug store foundationbrands completely.

Not only do drugs store cosmetics photograph poorly, most photographers and clients prefer to have makeup artists to use makeup that can not be bought in boots especially foundations.

You need to invest in professional brands like graftobain hd, Ben NYE hd or professional grade airbrush systems.

Screenface, PAM, Guru, Charles fox sell these and more.

Give them a call

i agree, graftobian and RCMA are amazing quality I own both x

don't have the time to troll through this thread , unfortunately as I love a good tip!

Can anyone suggest a good bronzer?
What brushes do you use to contour?
What do you use to contour?

Have you ever used a setting spray?

Nic xx

I love MAC Matt Bronze, Bobbi Browns are gorgeous.. (If your fair/medium skin tone 'Natural' or 'golden light')
Tom Ford shade and illuminate is amazing if you like a creme bronze and want to pay a little more.
I'm not a huge heavy contour fan personally, it's not wearable for every day make up.. But I do like NARS creamy concealer at the moment, as it blends beautifully for under the eyes ( I like using fingers for this) pat it and blend.. If I needs mor coverage I will go in with a creme base concealer then set with loose powder and a puff.
X

Oh and setting spray I love MAC Fix+ x

Latest posts

Back