Make up chemotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molly B

Reaction score
Hello my friends :)

Doing a make up lesson soon focusing on make up for chemotherapy clients.
Using the beautiful jane Iredale make up.

Will be focusing on creating eyebrows with stencils and bitty brow.
Using lash conditioner. Lip drink for dry lips. D2o spray for hydration.

Has anyone ever applied strip lashes to ladies with none? Have not and would appreciate tips?

Any other advice much appreciated too if you can think of other things that would be specific. Thanks in advance.xxx

Hi hon

I've done some make ups with the charity "look good, feel better " in the past and have several clients in the salon undergoing chemo. We also use ji.

I personally wouldn't use strip lashes. I think they're great for people with lashes but really don't like how they look on those without. I also found placement really hard as there's no real guide. I just used liner for definition instead.

I used free hand for brows, using the nose, eyes etc as a guide. This can look a lot more natural and flattering.

JI is great because of the protection it gives the skin at a time of trauma and upset.

At times like this, it makes you glad that you choose such a great brand!

If I think of anything else, I'll add it.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a thought. Are you doing make up for your clients to do for themselves at home or for your clients for a night out?

Also, when I volunteered, the clients were made to feel very comfortable if they wanted to take wigs or scarves off. This can be quite shocking. My daughter was volunteering with me and her best friends mum had just lost her battle with cancer. I said to my daughter, if she can't cope or gets upset, to just excuse herself and pop out. The crux came when the ladies all took off their wigs and scarves, but she just got in with it.

I think seeing someone suffering from hair loss from chemo can be really upsetting, because you feel so upset for them. You want them to have the freedom to remove wigs etc if they want to, without being stared at.

Sorry, prattling on now. Good luck with it x

Thank you so much for your wonderful replies. So helpful.

What I will be doing is along the lines of a look good feel better. Trying to give the ladies tips and tricks especially regarding lashes and brows.

Love working with the Ji make up as it's ingredients doing good for skin.xxx

Thank you so much for your wonderful replies. So helpful.

What I will be doing is along the lines of a look good feel better. Trying to give the ladies tips and tricks especially regarding lashes and brows.

Love working with the Ji make up as it's ingredients doing good for skin.xxx
In that case, I almost think it's better to do a straightforward make up - using measuring instead of brow stencils - and no strip lashes so it's something really achievable at home. You could then do a more glamorous make up, and show how to 'upgrade' it.

These are just my thoughts. I do think many people don't have a clue with make up, so often less is more.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back