Make-up lessons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Lassie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am salon beased and i am busy during the typical wedding months with bridal make-up and then again during the run up to christmas and proms with sepecial occsasion make-up.

It the thing i love most and i have a number of years expreience working with some of the major cosmetics firms, so i have decided to start offerng a make-up lesson service to prolong make make up services during the year.

I was going to do a little take away pack for the client with a few tools of the trade that can help them recreate there look at home. Things like a make-up sponge, or little mini make up brush, lip gloss. Along with a little presonalised leaflet about their main skin concern and detailing products used and tips and techniques.

Anyone else offering this service? how have you found it works? do u mainlly do one to one or gropus? Any tips or sugestions welcome of what else i could do and what i could include. I am also intrested in how much you may charge for this.

Thanks x

Any thoughts geeks?:biggrin:

I charge £99 for a 3hour lesson, I get them to bring their own make up + brushes + see what for keeps + what's for the bin. Then I see what sort of looks they want to be able to do, do it for them + make sure they can do it too! I give them face charts of the looks + let them take their own notes. I offer 10% off any purchases made in the next week + its working well. My last client bought over £400 of retail off me that day + has bought more since. She has said how everybody has noticed her MU since so I was happy that she has taken away lessons from it.

Hope that helps :) xox

I charge £99 for a 3hour lesson, I get them to bring their own make up + brushes + see what for keeps + what's for the bin. Then I see what sort of looks they want to be able to do, do it for them + make sure they can do it too! I give them face charts of the looks + let them take their own notes.

I do similar to the above but run half and full day makeup lessons.

As I find that clients get more out of it and have chance to relax when practicing along side me and not feeling rushed.

I do provide a nice note book for clients to make their own notes in as many forget to bring one.

However I don't provide gift bags etc as clients can be fussy and many might already have or not want what you are giving them so it's a waste of money.

I do retail makeup brush sets though.

Hth xxx

the lady i trained with she did a week course with a professional photo shoot at the end of the week it was so surreal!!
i learnt bridal, asian bridal, cat walk arabic, all sorts of different styles it was worth the money i paid for it!

Latest posts

Back