Make-up questions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a few make up questions if thats ok? I just wanted to pick your brains on a couple of things!

1) If you could only pick one. which would be your favourite professional make up brand?

2) What would be your favourite brand for make up brushes?

Thanks! I'm doing a course at my college in makeup next month and wanted to get a general impression of what was hot and what's not! I'm already doing my nail technology course but thought I'd do this as a little extra! Any sites you'd recommend? Thanks all x

Defo MAC! Perfect pigments, durability and the brushes are the best I have used.

Sephora is a close second however they are only in the US and Paris now as they closed there UK branch.

xx

Defo MAC! Perfect pigments, durability and the brushes are the best I have used.

Sephora is a close second however they are only in the US and Paris now as they closed there UK branch.

xx

I'm so pleased you said that, I've been picking a few MAC bits up here and there for the last month! Ta!

I don't have a favourite make-up brand. I have items from various brands which I favour, but no one favourite brand in particular.

When doing professional make-up, I think it is important to have a range of different cosmetics to suite different skin types and tones.

Benefit and Stila have good bits too however you get 30% off MAC so I prefer it, plus I can retail it at full price and make a profit.

It is a little out of peoples price ranges though so I am looking at adding a cheapy range to my kit so people can buy the products I use on them.

Mac (and also smashbox) are the only products I find withstand photo shoots. The flash light can have several effects on the make up so you have to understand what the best products are to use in alignment with what look the photographer is trying to achieve.

Same for bridal make up the make up has to in effect adapt from day light to evening and then the effect of the flash, which can either absorb the light or reflect back of the skin causing whitening of the skin.

The pigments if not strong enough get a washed out look so MAC is good for that.

kate x

Benefit and Stila have good bits too however you get 30% off MAC so I prefer it, plus I can retail it at full price and make a profit.

It is a little out of peoples price ranges though so I am looking at adding a cheapy range to my kit so people can buy the products I use on them.

Mac (and also smashbox) are the only products I find withstand photo shoots. The flash light can have several effects on the make up so you have to understand what the best products are to use in alignment with what look the photographer is trying to achieve.

Same for bridal make up the make up has to in effect adapt from day light to evening and then the effect of the flash, which can either absorb the light or reflect back of the skin causing whitening of the skin.

The pigments if not strong enough get a washed out look so MAC is good for that.

kate x

Thanks very much for your help! I have to ask though, how do you get 30% off MAC cosmetics? I've been picking items up from their debenhams concession at full price!

(Shhhh I bought a set lol!!) They are really good and I have bought MAC brushes too!

If your a make up artist and work in the profession they give you 30% off. I will PM you the details.

xx

They must be fake surely?! Thaks for the link, you're a star :)

Hi

Well my favourite is Babara Bort Mineral Make-up

Its an italian brand and the colours our lovely

www.sparklecosmetics.com

that is the website or you can buy from me :) on my website.

www.bliss-salon-uk.net

or if your going to the beauty show next sunday the lady will be there mention me though lol...

As for the brushes, Barbara Bort there as good as mac and cheaper :)

No start up costs or minimum order can be delivered within 2 working days, no sales pushing like most
pricing is very reasonable, car,nt ask more than that

They must be fake surely?! Thaks for the link, you're a star :)

lol probably they are! but like a lot of things these days chinas fakes are as close to the real thing you can get! however if my fella trys this excuse on that designer handbag im after at xmas im leaving hahaha!!!

:green::green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back