Makeup course at the Beauty Academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
http://www.thebeautyacademy.org/vtct-level-3-diploma-in-make-up-artistry/

Anyone does this course or another at the beauty academy?

On the one hand I'm sceptical about the ten day thing (I did my nvq2 with the carlton institute this way and it was a pain in the ahem but that said I've got a lot of industry experience now as well as familiarity with the vtct qualification and theory work structure). On the other hand the price/location/and flexibility in attendance would suit me well.

I do think it's possible to cope with the content in the number of days if the tutors are good if you've got industry experience. That's not what I'm asking here because I'm familiar with both college and private company training styles. What I'm asking is has anyone trained with this company in particular and if so how did you find their attitude towards you as a customer/learner? Were they helpful and supportive or a bit lapse after they had got you money? Was the support for the home study good? Were assessment days accessible and included in your course fees?

Talk to me :)

Im doing my NVQ level 2 nail services with the Beauty academy. I'm finding that the support is really good, and I thought the teaching was fantastic. The class sizes were small too (max. 8 people) I would definitely go back to them for more courses. Very helpful and supportive, I haven't done my assessments yet but they are included in the prize. All your written info is included too, I have pages of the stuff including revision notes which is really helpful. They also do free refresher days as well, although this might only be for certain courses? Hope that helps!x

Wow thanks for this. Some places also charge you for assessment days so this is something I was worried about but it's really good to hear that the beauty academy don't do this.

Can you go for an assessment when you want (whether it takes you one month or several to get your assessments done)? Are they helpful if you're struggling to find models for assessments? How do they ask you to record your assessments? Photos?

So from the end of my training I have 20 weeks to complete my portfolio (30 treatments) and my written work, once this is sent in I will be called in for my assessments and a written exam. As far as I know you have someone watching the assessment, and the portfolio work is photos. As for models, apparently the academy's Facebook page is quite helpful for that? I haven't come across that problem yet. I am doing nails though so it might be slightly different per course!!

Hi Laura Kate did you do thus course in the end, I'm interested but not sure what to do?. [emoji53]

Hi Laura Kate did you do thus course in the end, I'm interested but not sure what to do?. [emoji53]

I'm still shopping around.

I'm not sure that the beauty academy are the company for me. They are in a minority of companies who charge you if you need to pay in instalments and that doesn't sit well with me in terms of how I feel about the morals and ethics of education.

Latest posts

Back