Makeup help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nummeny

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site and new to being a beauty therapist and I was wondering if anyone could help me on what is the best makeup to use for weddings etc. I have had lots of enquiries about doing Wedding Makeup and want a brand that will last the day and look good. Thanks in advance if you can help me.

Are you training as a beauty therapist or are you already recently trained? Do you have any bridal make-up experience? Your profile states that you are not a skin geek, but if you are new to beauty therapy, then you would be a skin geek. A bit confusing, sorry. Would help if you could give a little more info about yourself so that any replies can help you with more accurate information.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Last edited:
I qualified last year in Level 2 Beauty Therapy, we covered makeup during the course and were basically told we could do any sort of makeup once we had qualified. I haven't done any specific bridal makeup courses as yet, but would like to further my career in doing so. Although during the course I did a wedding makeup and rehearsel for my sister in law. I hope this information is more helpful to you. I just thought someone may be able to give me some pointers as to what makeup I should use, as the case I bought for college doesn't seem to be very good!! Thanks for anything you can input.

Bridal make-up depends largely on ones interest, skills and abilities, experience etc.....

Personally, I don't favour any one brand of make-up eg. MAC. I believe through experience that any look can be achieved using a broad range of top end products. Yes it is expensive but the ultimate results are worth it IMO.

A wide product range gives you versatility. My make-up kit consists of high end brands such as Chanel, Estee Lauder, Screen Face, Supercover, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Yves St. Laurent etc.....

The make-up needs to give excellent, lasting coverage and to photograph well.

Hi - i have used Salon system makeup before for all types of occasions and i think its great. As a professional product it has the full range for all skin tones etc so i would try them. Lisa

Hi Lisa
Thanks for your input, could you tell me where I would get Salon Systems from, it's all such a mindfield, all help is appreciated!
Julia

Dont limit yourself to one brand here are so many great products out there! I use all sorts my kit is full of good quality brands such as Bobbi brown MAC Nars chanel dior screenface even Barry M ! Remember most professional makeup companys offer makeup artists a discount on products there is no need to stick to one type unless you are a salon that wants to stock it. xx

Latest posts

Back