Making my business premises a WiFi hotspot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
Anyone any idea how to go about this? We want out clients to come into our shop and our wifi (salon name) pop up on their phone, which they can connect to for free.

I don't know the exact answer to your question but I always just offer them the wifi code when they get their phones out, I think if a wifi router is near it should ask them If they want to connect anyway

If your wifi connection has a password you can either change it to something easy or disable the password. If you go on to your internet providers website it should give you simple step by step instructions!

Amanda xx

Anyone any idea how to go about this? We want out clients to come into our shop and our wifi (salon name) pop up on their phone, which they can connect to for free.

Depending on the router you have, you can set a "guest" account, set a name for clients and a password. If you don't have this option, set a password on your salon WiFi and change it to something you can let clients know about. Ie don't keep it as a personnel password etc. :)

Just don't disable the password as anyone passing by can connect and your pocket won't like you if you exceed your limit.

Latest posts

Back