making the move from mobile to nail bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d baby

Reaction score
I am about to take the next step from mobile to renting a nail bar within a hair salon. A new business, no clients. Not sure what minimum stock levels i should be looking at. Im trained in calgel and creative. I only carry a few coloured gels at present, how many should i be looking to open with? Its all come at short notice and i'm ill prepared. Cant afford to make costly mistakes. Any advice?:confused:

It would surely bring you in many clients and it is a good way to build up a client base. I think renting a room is ruffly about 15-20 pounds per day xx

I am about to take the next step from mobile to renting a nail bar within a hair salon. A new business, no clients. Not sure what minimum stock levels i should be looking at. Im trained in calgel and creative. I only carry a few coloured gels at present, how many should i be looking to open with? Its all come at short notice and i'm ill prepared. Cant afford to make costly mistakes. Any advice?:confused:

My advice would be to start off with the basics. If you have some colored gels, that's great. Have the basic mani/pedi, products, too.

As you get busier and build up your client base, then add more colors/options as clients request them.

I always make the mistake of buying everything under the sun and then never needing them.

HTH. Good luck with your new venture! :)

Hi I have just started renting a room in a hairdressers and I do calgel and creative. I brought in 5 coloured gels and made sure I had enough pink and white and clear. So far I havent used much colour but like you didnt want to look under stocked!! I have retailed a lot of calcrystal and files though so seem to be constantly getting those. With the creative stuff I have just brought the bigger pots as I have got low. I only work 3 days a week though so not sure if you will need more. It takes a while for client base to build so I wouldnt go mad buying yet!!

Laura

Soz about the delayed reply, been having trouble with my logging on. computer s are not my strong point! My rent is £75 per week, closed monday and sunday. Hopefully its achievable. Wish me luck

X D

Again thanks for the advice. I have a few colours, red, wine and pearl white from my starter kit, plus a couple of pinks, brown, black and the diamomd glitter which i ve only used over other colours. Was gonna get six more, maybe summer colours, any thoughts anyone on what to expect this summer? Calgel said the oranges, they can give me ideas on whats proving popular . :green:

Latest posts

Back