Male Grooming | Why Men And Women Have Plastic Surgery...Apparently.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Jag Chana, Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Spire Bushey Hospital & member of BAAPS, has confirmed in an article in the Huffington Post that the number of men requesting cosmetic procedures has seen a significant increase in recent years.

The statistics, published by BAAPS, appear to show that men are feeling the same pressure to conform to ideal images of beauty. Procedures for men went up 16% overall in 2013, in comparison to 2012 with body contouring procedures showing the biggest increase.

In an attempt to explain why this trend is on the rise, Chana says, "I say pictures of David Beckham's torso are to blame! Our fast-paced, digitally-driven environment has meant constant bombardment of images of perfect looking celebrities and shirtless models. As with the effect the media has had on women to stay slim, men are becoming more body conscious and in want of a toned torso."

So nothing new here then? Right? Wrong. Chana goes on to suggest that women mostly choose cosmetic surgery to please their partner or 'get back on the dating scene' while men, he suggests, do it for less desperate measures.

"Men are more likely to do this for themselves, to give themself a confidence boost which enables them to feel more comfortable in their own skin."

Well, Jag Chana, while it's interesting that you've got more men coming through your doors, I think you could use a rethink on the difference in their motivation. To suggest that women tend to have procedures out of some desperate attempt to attract a male partner come hell or high water, but that men do it as a result of a love for themselves is misogynistic at best and a load of tosh at worst.

Rant over.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• cosmetic surgery.jpg
    cosmetic surgery.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 61
I'd love it if you could stand behind a screen and all your un welcome fat bits showed up on the doctors screen and she/he then just scribbled them out with a special laser type eraser thingy..
Not too much to ask is it?

Latest posts

Back