Manicure Parties - Good Idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x_lisa_x

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing Manicure parties, but I am a bit unsure of what to offer the people attending and also the host.
I was thinking of :-
Free manicure for the host and 10% of the retail sales spent on the night to spend on products that I have to sell.

For the guests I was thinking of a file, cuticle work and polish and also a £5 voucher to spend on a service in my home salon.

I am trying to build my client base up and thought this would be a good idea as i have read about other geeks doing this sort of thing. Was it succesful when you guys did it? Do you think that i should charge for these parties or just promote my other services?

Thanks

Hi

A manicure party sounds like a great idea, although I've never done one so I cant offer any advice on how to go about it.

I just wanted to suggest something regarding the offers. You sound to be giving a lot away what with free treatment for the host, 10% off, then vouchers aswell. Personally I wouldnt offer any free treatments, or give any money off vouchers. I think that giving them something extra eg a free gift, is more enticing than giving money off which, lets face it, they were prepared to pay anyway if they are considering a party. Also, its better value for you because by giving a free gift, to you its the value of what you paid for it, but to the client its worth what they would have paid for it which is more (if that makes sense!).

Personally I would offer a free gift to the host, then give the other party members a voucher for a free gift at their first appointment if they book on the night.

I do think us women respond better when you entice them with shiney things rather than a couple of quid off here and there!!:lol:

Just want to say that I'm majoring in marketing right now and did my thesis on what consumers prefer - free stuff, or discounts/rebates.

By far, customers responded much more positively to free offers vs. discounts - even if the freebie was utterly useless!!!

Latest posts

Back