Matrix colour help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukeofyork

Reaction score
hey guys,

i am new to matrix and have been on a colour course but have a couple of questions,

the blended naturals have base in them

the reflect collection dont, so do i have to add base in the reflections collection ? or can they be put on as the naturals can, im a little confused ?

thanks guys

hey guys,

i am new to matrix and have been on a colour course but have a couple of questions,

the blended naturals have base in them

the reflect collection dont, so do i have to add base in the reflections collection ? or can they be put on as the naturals can, im a little confused ?

thanks guys

If the client as grey hair then yes you will need to add some blended natural to give the coverage the amount you add depends on the amount of grey. If the client as no grey then you don't need to add anything else.

I went on my matrix colour course this week too and was under the impression that you do not add base to the reflect collection as it will kill all the tone, and that is the main point of them - to add pure intense tone as sort of fashion pieces etc..
Even with grey hair, you use them without base if someone is up to 50% grey, but they are simply not suitable for someone with over 50% grey..

I'm sure bluerinse will be along to this thread soon to give you a positive definite answer to this one!! *king of matrix!* :p xxx

I went on my matrix colour course this week too and was under the impression that you do not add base to the reflect collection as it will kill all the tone, and that is the main point of them - to add pure intense tone as sort of fashion pieces etc..
Even with grey hair, you use them without base if someone is up to 50% grey, but they are simply not suitable for someone with over 50% grey..

I'm sure bluerinse will be along to this thread soon to give you a positive definite answer to this one!! *king of matrix!* :p xxx

I'm here!! Lol if you want to cover upto 50% grey hair and for example create a nice red use 5rr and 5r yes your right it does kill tone which is why they created dream age for a highly pigmented reflective colour :) DO NOT EVER use N in reflect range!

I was right! .. Yay, I'm understanding matrix! :)

Knew it wouldn't be long before you arrived to this thread blue! :p xx

Latest posts

Back