Matrix so colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amet17

Reaction score
Hi I have a client with 100% white hair, has been getting bleach lights and a 9 base, now wants to go for an all over light blonde colour, does anyone that uses matrix so colour know what shade and peroxide would suit best ??

Are you a trained hairdresser?

Yes, Have just started using these colours so not sure of them

What is her natural base? And what shade does she want to achieve?

Depending on what colour she wants I'd use the grey hair line. If she wants it light blonde I'd use 509g or 509n 6% but as I say depends I the cour she wants, u could also use the dream age range x

Dream Age is matrix's recommended tint for over 50% grey, but the lightest would ne a 9M or 9GW , they are both quite gold though and I sometimes scatter some bleach foils through the hair to lighten it up a bit

I often use half 509m + 608na 20vol roots in dream age. Then follow with a colour sync on ends to refresh :) very pretty colour. Depending on much warmth she throws you could just go for the 509m it's really pretty

I have a few white hair clients and use 10n 10g mix with 10vol .
That gives a light golden blonde whereas the grey series and dream age all come out darker !

I was on a matrix education day the other day and the educator said you can use 9G with 30 vol on 100% white hair for a lovely light blonde colour, and you achieve coverage. I'm yet to try it!

Could try 10n with 1/4 509g, itl keep it light, cover the grey and add abit of tone :) x

I was on a matrix education day the other day and the educator said you can use 9G with 30 vol on 100% white hair for a lovely light blonde colour, and you achieve coverage. I'm yet to try it!

My matrix rep also recommended this too me so i tryed it. Cant say i got great coverage so i tryed with the 8G. Found that was much better.

Used matrix for long time, for grey cover I feel 20 vol is best. 10nw with small amount of 509g is great blonde on grey

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone I used 10n with 9g and 30vol came out lovely :)

Latest posts

Back