Maxim Pro nail drill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
I was looking on Ebay the other day, and I saw a "Maxim Pro 4-in-1 nail drill." The buy it now price is for $69.99 US, which is extremely cheap. Here is a link to the item, if anyone wants to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11872&item=5519028886&rd=1

Has anyone heard anything about these drills, or has anyone tried them? It is an extremely cheap price for a drill, but I am just starting out and am looking for something reasonably priced but still of good quality. I have tried to research these drills but haven't found anything on the internet.

Of course I will be properly trained in the use of a drill before I attempt to use one.

Let me know what you think of this drill. I am sceptical.........

I actually e-mailed the seller and asked a couple of questions, and this was his reply:

Hello,

We have been manufacturing beauty appliances since 1979, and have pioneered several nail drills under the brand name MAXIM, MY MANICURIST and VOGUE PRO.

All our drills are sold through distributors and can be found in beauty supply stores nationwide.

Some more professional drills such as no. 626 and 6000 are sold through nail supply distributors.

All our drills are garanteed for 1 year from date of purchase, and have been used by end useres at home or by professional nail techs. The bits are made of metal/carbide, and last for quite some time.

Best regards,

Michael

BELAIR MFG CORP/PHOTAX TECHNOLOGY
---------------Since 1979-------------------------
19215 Parthenia Street, Bldg. D
Northridge, CA 91324 (USA)
Fax: (818)727-7061

well they seem to be great value. no good for the u.k though, wrong voltage.
one thing to consider though might be the speed, its variable between 20ooo and 32ooo which is a bit high. its recomended to use a speed of around 15ooo on nails so it could be tricky for a beginner to use it without causing problems

I thought it was variable between 2,000 and 35,000

Lady_of_Pain said:
I thought it was variable between 2,000 and 35,000
oh how stupid do i feel now :o i must have misread it. a good bargain then

Latest posts

Back