Meg Ryan hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingDigby

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hope you are all well and staying safe!

I have a client who has been growing her colour out since just before the lockdown, shes natural around a base 5 depth with about 2 inches of regrowth and is recently getting a few grey hairs around her parting. She has decided she wants to have a more natural look so her regrowth doesnt look so harsh. She normally has scalp bleach and 10/16 wella Koleston.

I have attached a photo of her current hair colour and the colour she is after which is a photo of Meg Ryan from the film You've got mail (great film if you havent watched it).

I was thinking of doing a bleach foils but thicker weaves and flooding the rest for wella Koleston 7/73. I've seen a few people say 7/73 has enough tone that you do not need to pre pig with it? And also tone the highlights with 9/38 or 9/31 something to darken it slightly and give it a more natural shade.

I was wondering if anyone else has any different colour suggestions or techniques they think would be suitable?

I've been hairdressing on and off for 6 years and just need some reassurance!
5d132149ae934f528088d70ec554197a.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200502-185251_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200502-185251_Gallery.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 38
  • YGM-featured.png
    YGM-featured.png
    846 KB · Views: 35
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 29
Hi guys

Hope you are all well and staying safe!

I have a client who has been growing her colour out since just before the lockdown, shes natural around a base 5 depth with about 2 inches of regrowth and is recently getting a few grey hairs around her parting. She has decided she wants to have a more natural look so her regrowth doesnt look so harsh. She normally has scalp bleach and 10/16 wella Koleston.

I have attached a photo of her current hair colour and the colour she is after which is a photo of Meg Ryan from the film You've got mail (great film if you havent watched it).

I was thinking of doing a bleach foils but thicker weaves and flooding the rest for wella Koleston 7/73. I've seen a few people say 7/73 has enough tone that you do not need to pre pig with it? And also tone the highlights with 9/38 or 9/31 something to darken it slightly and give it a more natural shade.

I was wondering if anyone else has any different colour suggestions or techniques they think would be suitable?

I've been hairdressing on and off for 6 years and just need some reassurance!
View attachment 210149
I would definitely go for the 7/73 on the base. If maybe even introduce a second highlight 8/97 would be nice, and then as you say tone the blonde 9/38 is a lovely colour or even colour touch 9/36.

I would definitely go for the 7/73 on the base. If maybe even introduce a second highlight 8/97 would be nice, and then as you say tone the blonde 9/38 is a lovely colour or even colour touch 9/36.
Thank you so much!

Would I need to pre pig with 7/73?

Would I need to pre pig with 7/73?
If she's a base 10 and cool, then yeah I think I would, especially if she's 100% sure she wants to go darker. If she's undecided I wouldn't. You'll need to add yellow orange, so you could add a bit of 7/34 to the mix only about 5grams.
Or are you planning on using colour touch?

Agree completely. I love this colour and I think you have a great plan

If she's a base 10 and cool, then yeah I think I would, especially if she's 100% sure she wants to go darker. If she's undecided I wouldn't. You'll need to add yellow orange, so you could add a bit of 7/34 to the mix only about 5grams.
Or are you planning on using colour touch?
I would have preferred to use colour touch but a lot of other stylist say it doesnt provide lift

I would have preferred to use colour touch but a lot of other stylist say it doesnt provide lift
Colour touch doesn't lift, but I would do kp, on roots and colour touch on the ends :)

Latest posts

Back