Melting paraffin wax without heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloSORRISO

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Help needed. I've never been asked to do a paraffin wax treatment before. Ever since completing my course 2 years ago, my clients just like shellac or nail enhancements. I've done a couple of oil treatment during manicures as a "luxury" but that's as far as it's gone really. Now, I have my first ever paraffin wax treatment during a pedi and mani but I don't think I have time to get a heater for the wax. Is there any other way I can heat the wax at all? I remember at college they told us never to use a microwave. Wondering if a bowl of boiling water with another bowl for the wax to melt would work? If not then I guess my fella is gonna have to go grab me a heater from somewhere. Didn't really want to buy one as it's not something that's very in demand.

x HelloSORRISO x

Hi there. I had a lovely surprise this morning my wax heater just burned in the front of my client.. lol so I run to the kitchen to warm it up ( as I'm working from home) just boiled as you said in the different pot with paraffin wax and was absolutely fine the wax melted the same like in the heater :)) going tomorrow to buy new wax heater lol

Hi there. I had a lovely surprise this morning my wax heater just burned in the front of my client.. lol so I run to the kitchen to warm it up ( as I'm working from home) just boiled as you said in the different pot with paraffin wax and was absolutely fine the wax melted the same like in the heater :)) going tomorrow to buy new wax heater lol

Aaaah so I can do this method easily then?

x HelloSORRISO x

yeah it's absolutely fine I think cause you don't use regularly parrafin wax so just buy the heater for couple of times no point :)

Don't forget it's flammable so be careful if you have a gas cooker!

Thanks again for the tip! I'm only going to use a small amount so the rest I'll use on myself as a treat (I don't treat myself often enough lol)

x HelloSORRISO x

I forgot to put mine on before a client last week so I used my hair drier ! I've got a paraffin bath though and it wasn't that full, if you were to do that then you would have to out it in a bigger bowl so it didn't go everywhere but I managed to heat it up really quickly

I forgot to put mine on before a client last week so I used my hair drier ! I've got a paraffin bath though and it wasn't that full, if you were to do that then you would have to out it in a bigger bowl so it didn't go everywhere but I managed to heat it up really quickly

I'll deffo try a couple of methods out on myself before I actually do it then. Seems there's various ways to do it. All I know is that it will need to be quick

x HelloSORRISO x

Latest posts

Back