Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LottieT

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why when dying hair darker it’s bringing out warmth.

Used L’Oréal majirel 6.1 with 20 vol on natural base of level 7 and highlights that were level 9. Where the lowlights have gone over the natural virgin hair, the colour has brought out a really warm undertone.

Thanks

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why when dying hair darker it’s bringing out warmth.

Used L’Oréal majirel 6.1 with 20 vol on natural base of level 7 and highlights that were level 9. Where the lowlights have gone over the natural virgin hair, the colour has brought out a really warm undertone.

Thanks
You used 20 vol. 20vol create at least 1 level of lift. So what that's done is expose the underlying pigment. Either drop to 10 vol for deposit only or use a demi instead because you're only depositing colour you don't need a permanent shade.

You used 20 vol. 20vol create at least 1 level of lift. So what that's done is expose the underlying pigment. Either drop to 10 vol for deposit only or use a demi instead because you're only depositing colour you don't need a permanent shade.
Hello,

Thank you so much for this information.

I’m just coming to the end of my nvq level 2 at college and was told 20 vol is used for going darker.

Thank you

I have found when I’ve used demis on my hair they seem to expose a lot of warmth too, not sure if you would know why.

For example I used wella colour touch 5.1 and 7.1 half of each and 1.9%, I applied it to my roots to smudge my highlight and I ended up with a very red undertone showing through.

So the next time, once my roots grow out, I just used 7.1 with 1.9% and my roots end up orange.

Not sure if it’s my hair, it seems to just go orange, whether darkening or lightening, no matter how much blue tone I addd to the mixture, I’ve used Illumina 7.81 with pastel and it turned bright orange.

I would like to understand why, so I can avoid this happening in future. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Thanks ronray for the tip

Hello,

Thank you so much for this information.

I’m just coming to the end of my nvq level 2 at college and was told 20 vol is used for going darker.

Thank you
With Kolesten perfect it's for grey coverage or 1 level of lift.

I have found when I’ve used demis on my hair they seem to expose a lot of warmth too, not sure if you would know why.

For example I used wella colour touch 5.1 and 7.1 half of each and 1.9%, I applied it to my roots to smudge my highlight and I ended up with a very red undertone showing through.

So the next time, once my roots grow out, I just used 7.1 with 1.9% and my roots end up orange.

Not sure if it’s my hair, it seems to just go orange, whether darkening or lightening, no matter how much blue tone I addd to the mixture, I’ve used Illumina 7.81 with pastel and it turned bright orange.

I would like to understand why, so I can avoid this happening in future. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.
What's your natural level?

It’s not as dark as a 6 but not as light as a 7.

Thank you
In wella .1 tone is very lazy. To get neutralisation you'll need .2 or .28

In wella .1 tone is very lazy. To get neutralisation you'll need .2 or .28
Ok so I need to use koleston then rather than colour touch. As touch does not have the .2 or .28.

Thank you again for your advice and taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back