Micro bead weft full head weights-any advice welcome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholanac

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am a Qualified Hair Extensionist but I'm looking to expand my services! I am going to complete an extra course with Studio58 which is a Micro Bead Weft. I am just using this as an additional service to the methods I offer to hopefully attract more custom. So to see if its going to be worth my while I'm just researching prices etc, I am thinking of using SJK for my wefts but was wondering what your opinion was on weights for a full head?

I want to achieve the thicker fuller look, so when I advertise for models for my new method, do I go for 100g or 140g or more or less? Whats the average full head weight? I recently removed a girls weft (not put in by me)that had been put in extra thick but then cut to the same length of her hair as there wasn't enough hair in it apparently to make it thick enough at the ends, so its left me a bit concerned that I don't achieve the full look.

I know you dont need as much weight in a weft as you do with individual strands so im a bit in the dark.I need to expand my services and offer a cheaper option to clients that cant afford individual strands as theres quite a bit of competition in my area and I cant compete at the minute so I'm struggling a bit.

I would appreciate any advice please :)

Im in the same boat but im doing my course with oakley next month, the hair I use is prestidge transform and angels locks ive never used the european hair from prestidge which i call my budget range and bit reluctant to as im not heard much about the range of hair, I used to use sjk but had several bad batches of blonde hair which put me off using them im thinking about angel remy for my budget range as with trade discount it works out a good price and the hair is 150g weft though only comes in 20" so im not sure if to use them or try find another sullper for budget hair that offer more lengths

I have had a bad batch of blonde from SJK too! it was terrible. I like the quality of the luxury hair though so I'm a bit torn as Ive had some gorgeous hair too! The SJk is 125g (5ft) or 140g (5ft) in the Luxury, I'm just confused as to what to class as a full head.. and obviously if its more than 18" it would need more weight in it so how much is too heavy for a weft? Argh, confusing. xx

Why don't you double the weft so it's double thick Studio58 do lovely weave to sew in or bead.

Latest posts

Back