Microblading a worry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMABEAUTY

Reaction score
We are seeing a fair bit of this come into the salon, work done from many different people.

I need to explain to many that microblading is nothing new, its been around for years and years, its other name is embroidery, its a new buzz word (the emperor's new clothes) of a very old treatment. check out the words ( microblading and embroidery together, don't let anyone tell you any different, or how high tech the new style blades are )

Their are trainers and companies popping up all over the place, many Eastern European, although the treatment is Asian decent.

The skin is not great after a year or so, look at it under a mag you will see, scar tissue is always possible. Yes its a cheap way into things, but this one is really going to come back and bite people ( I winced when people got into the permanent mascara!)

Its not anywhere as good as permanent makeup, but people will say I have not got 15K for a training course, there is a lot of stuff not looking good after a period of time, but the training companies are always taking the money, saying how good they are and better than others.

I disagree I know SPMU techs have been doing this for years and they prefer this technique to the machine they are trained in both, and I've seen trainers work and I do think it looks very good work and more prestine, if you look at places like Asia or Hong Kong where it's come from they only use this technique not the machine, I guess with any treatments if done properly you won't get any problems, it's only cheaper as your not using the machine, if you minus the machine the training works out similar price to it.

Also training with the machine isn't £15k depends what level of training you do they start from £7k

The best company would not be 7k, I don't know how long you have been into this, but people are being sucked into an old treatment with a new name.

If you name the 5 top respected permanent makeup people in the UK what do they use? You may not even know who the top are (can you name them?)but they all use machines, it's true facts, not my view.

The best company would not be 7k, I don't know how long you have been into this, but people are being sucked into an old treatment with a new name.

If you name the 5 top respected permanent makeup people in the UK what do they use? You may not even know who the top are (can you name them?)but they all use machines, it's true facts, not my view.

Hi jma beauty,

Actually you can train for about 7k with the top companies, or perhaps more like 8k but not far off! Have a look at noveau, finishing touches, dermace. Unless you decide to pay the huge amount for elite training packages then you don't need to pay anywhere near 15k for training.

Regarding technicians in this country I would say the the top 3 at the moment are without doubt Claire Hobson, Tracie Giles, Karen Betts for both achievement and personal skill. Your right these artists use a machine however there are plenty of other artists who use micro blade only and are equally as talented - Branko Babic, irina Chen, Rebecca Chung the list goes on...

I have seen machine worked brows a year down the line that look awful. You can tell that the original shape etc was fantastic but the quality diminishes greatly over the years.

My point being that I agree with the above poster, you get what you pay for whether that be microblading or machine spmu and the whole industry needs a bit more regulation.

X

I'm going to be watching this thread as I'm still debating :)

Hi jma beauty,

Actually you can train for about 7k with the top companies, or perhaps more like 8k but not far off! Have a look at noveau, finishing touches, dermace. Unless you decide to pay the huge amount for elite training packages then you don't need to pay anywhere near 15k for training.

Regarding technicians in this country I would say the the top 3 at the moment are without doubt Claire Hobson, Tracie Giles, Karen Betts for both achievement and personal skill. Your right these artists use a machine however there are plenty of other artists who use micro blade only and are equally as talented - Branko Babic, irina Chen, Rebecca Chung the list goes on...

I have seen machine worked brows a year down the line that look awful. You can tell that the original shape etc was fantastic but the quality diminishes greatly over the years.

My point being that I agree with the above poster, you get what you pay for whether that be microblading or machine spmu and the whole industry needs a bit more regulation.

X

And your still calling it Microblading , when it's just eyebrow embroidery, renamed to attract new people.

So of the C.V's of the trainers are really bad, Infact they are pulling people in by starting training courses, with replicated course work from others.

When you look deeper they have been doing the blading for just a few years but make out they are the masters, and state they brought it to the UK, it's been around many years.

We have Heidi Worman (who uses a machine) come into our salon, who IMO is the best in the UK.

She gets people beg her to train them, and to do shadow courses, she is not interested, people have unrealistic expectations, and expect to be her in a year or so.

Some of the blade work looks really nasty after a year or so, my gripe is this is just a new name for an old treatment, people are being fooled.

I have seen a lot of the work when I do facials and other treatments.

And your still calling it Microblading , when it's just eyebrow embroidery, renamed to attract new people.

So of the C.V's of the trainers are really bad, Infact they are pulling people in by starting training courses, with replicated course work from others.

When you look deeper they have been doing the blading for just a few years but make out they are the masters, and state they brought it to the UK, it's been around many years.

We have Heidi Worman (who uses a machine) come into our salon, who IMO is the best in the UK.

She gets people beg her to train them, and to do shadow courses, she is not interested, people have unrealistic expectations, and expect to be her in a year or so.

Some of the blade work looks really nasty after a year or so, my gripe is this is just a new name for an old treatment, people are being fooled.

I have seen a lot of the work when I do facials and other treatments.

I think the name is really just splitting hairs. Whether you want to call it microblading, eyebrow embroidery or micro brows it's all the same treatment?!?

I appreciate that there are some trainers that don't have great cvs and also steal work, such is life, it's exactly the same with machine work, people will start training without the necessary skills as they see a fast buck. Actually I think that the length of time that someone has been carrying out spmu is not the sole factor in how good they are or how qualified to teach. I think that you do have to have a certain amount of natural flair and that can't be learnt (regardless of whether you have been doing spmu a year or 20).

Do you actually do spmu yourself or have you had a bad experience? You seem to feel very strongly about these issues? I have noticed a couple of your posts in the past that seem to be quite negative and/or promoting a certain technician. Asking as I'm genuinely curious?

I think you have far too much of an opinion on the SPMU industry for someone who claims to be merely renting a room to a technician.

I'm also interested to know what qualifies someone to be the best in the UK?

N
I think the name is really just splitting hairs. Whether you want to call it microblading, eyebrow embroidery or micro brows it's all the same treatment?!?

I appreciate that there are some trainers that don't have great cvs and also steal work, such is life, it's exactly the same with machine work, people will start training without the necessary skills as they see a fast buck. Actually I think that the length of time that someone has been carrying out spmu is not the sole factor in how good they are or how qualified to teach. I think that you do have to have a certain amount of natural flair and that can't be learnt (regardless of whether you have been doing spmu a year or 20).

Do you actually do spmu yourself or have you had a bad experience? You seem to feel very strongly about these issues? I have noticed a couple of your posts in the past that seem to be quite negative and/or promoting a certain technician. Asking as I'm genuinely curious?

No I do not do SPMU or what you call it, I have run a salon for nearly 32 years, I have had a lot of tech people in that carry out various work.

I see the backlash of bad work, beauty, makeup, eyelashes stuck... The lot. The recent blade works are really bad, I feel we will see a lot of insurance problems in the future.

Latest posts

Back