Minx course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
me again! Anybody done the Minx course? I'm looking at Creative Academy Manchester Dec 2nd. Do I need to do the course? it seems pretty straight forward by what I've seen x

Im doing it on the 8th oct at manchester. Personally i like to have the certificates always think it looks better to employers.

me again! Anybody done the Minx course? I'm looking at Creative Academy Manchester Dec 2nd. Do I need to do the course? it seems pretty straight forward by what I've seen x

The idea of it is straight forward... The actually hands on can be trickier... Learn the tricks of the trade properly... What happens if you apply and get a wrinkle? How do you remove? How do you PEP? What if toe nail is bigger than the Minx template? What do you do with 'left-over' bits? What are best tools to get Minx flush to the free edge of the natural nail?

See lots of things you need to know!!

The idea of it is straight forward... The actually hands on can be trickier... Learn the tricks of the trade properly... What happens if you apply and get a wrinkle? How do you remove? How do you PEP? What if toe nail is bigger than the Minx template? What do you do with 'left-over' bits? What are best tools to get Minx flush to the free edge of the natural nail?

See lots of things you need to know!!

I did a course an didn't learn these 😁😁 x

I did a course an didn't learn these 😁😁 x

This is talked through... It's part of what you do... It's not on a power point... These are standard questions???

This is talked through... It's part of what you do... It's not on a power point... These are standard questions???

I did the course with college someone from ellisons came in during industry week and we all did them but she didn't mention none of that?! We all paid for this too so not like it was just a demonstration we watched :( x

I did the course with college someone from ellisons came in during industry week and we all did them but she didn't mention none of that?! We all paid for this too so not like it was just a demonstration we watched :( x

I can't comment on Ellison's Minx courses, only on what we do from S2 and the Minx classes we hold. If you are not happy with a college course you must discuss with them... We would equally be happy to help in future courses. I have no idea what is done by Ellisons in colleges. :|

Last edited:
I comment on Ellisons Minx courses only on what we do from S2 an dthe Minx classes we hold. If you are not happy with a college course you must discuss with them... We would equally be happy to help in future courses. I have no idea what is done by Ellisons in colleges. :|

It was around last January so over a year but I just thought that was meant to be taught I didn't realise all the other stuff until you mentioned it, we basically walked in an she had set everywhere up an then we got into pairs so showed us one toe then we did the rest she walked around looked and that was that?! X

I did the course with Ellisons and tbh didn't think much of it. The first set of toes I did after looked horrendous. But the price I paid for the course was more than half the price that it is to do it with S2. Like anything, you get what you pay for. Needless to say i will be doing research before doing anymore in college xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I did the course with s2 in Leeds and loved it - Kelly was really helpful :) I didn't pay a lot I didn't think either not to say it was a half day course and The money is easily made back so well worth it :) xxx

I did my course with the fingertips centre and would definitely recommend it. Others that I know who did the minx course through college do it differently from what I was taught, they don't pep the nail correctly and use the wrong type of file. 😄

I did my course with the fingertips centre and would definitely recommend it. Others that I know who did the minx course through college do it differently from what I was taught, they don't pep the nail correctly and use the wrong type of file. 😄

I was tought to pep correctly, application and removal but as it was only a couple hours felt rushed. Not much hints and tips given tho, thank god for Nail Geek 😄

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back