Minx For Vivienne Westwood

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
For the life of us here at Salon Geek HQ we can't understand why we haven't already posted this story. Maybe it was the bonkers bedlam of Fashion Week that muddled our head-boxes? Whatever the reason, there is no excuse for us not sharing this ace image with you.

The Vivienne Westwood show took place on 19th February at Goldsmiths Hall London and this season nails were custom-designed by Minx. Minx were invited to create the nails after the success of last season's show and Minx co-founders Janice Jordan and Dawn Lynch-Goodwin were responsible for creating the perfect look.

"The nail brief was very specific with the key point being that the nail coatings were to look and feel like the surface of a skateboard," Janice explained. "We had not created that texture before, but we experimented and developed that exact texture that we are calling the 'Touch Me, Feel Me' Minx."

It was down to nail guru Marian Newman, who ran the backstage nail team, to ensure every hand and every foot walking down the Westwood catwalk were design-perfect! Marian, and her team of seven, hand-applied tattoos to the hands and feet of all the models. Marian's team was made up of nail stylists Monica Rohipoll and Kirsty Meaking and five nail technicians (Laura Streeter, Laura White, Sarah Marr, Hollie Wakeham, and Samantha Yates) who secured their place on Marian's team by winning a contest sponsored by Minx nails.

We know these look fab, we just wish we could feel them too!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• minx-westwood-large.jpg
    minx-westwood-large.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,044
It was an amazing opportunity to work with Marian and Minx.

We were all given some of the left over Minx after the show, I'll be coming to pro beauty on Sunday and I'll bring some with me so the Sweet Squared team can have a look/feel!

Laura
X

Fab! I love the body art too!

Latest posts

Back