Mixing peroxide

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
I am doing a regular client tomorrow and need 6% for her bleach foils but have just used the last of it today, if I mix 9% with 3% will that work? X

Hi no u need to use 2/3 9% 1/3 water

I am doing a regular client tomorrow and need 6% for her bleach foils but have just used the last of it today, if I mix 9% with 3% will that work? X

Mixing 3% and 9% in equal quantities will be fine ;)

Confused now lol anyone else? X

Confused now lol anyone else? X

Honestly babe! It's all in the maths! 3% is 3parts in 100 and 9% is 9 parts in 100 so if you take 1 part of each you get 12 parts in 200, divide by 2 and you've got that 6% you're looking for! I'm an experienced hairdresser and also a bit if a maths whizz! Lol! ;)

If I remember all my old hairdressing science correctly technically you can dilute with water, you would have to boil it and cool it first! But you are really changing the make up of the formula this way! If you are using on brand peroxide you would also be diluting the buffers. ;)

Honestly babe! It's all in the maths! 3% is 3parts in 100 and 9% is 9 parts in 100 so if you take 1 part of each you get 12 parts in 200, divide by 2 and you've got that 6% you're looking for! I'm an experienced hairdresser and also a bit if a maths whizz! Lol! ;)

As a fellow maths geek I agree with the maths side but sat here with another hairdresser who says you can't x

As a fellow maths geek I agree with the maths side but sat here with another hairdresser who says you can't x

Hers chatting bubbles, you can dilute with a higher and lower to get middle if that makes sense like stated above, never used water cause it changes it completely x

Hers chatting bubbles, you can dilute with a higher and lower to get middle if that makes sense like stated above, never used water cause it changes it completely x

Thanks I completely forgot it was a bank holiday tomorrow and I couldn't get more x

The distilled water would work in the same way. Water = o%\ volume. Hence 2 parts 9% 1 part 0%(water) however as I said before you would dilute the buffers and change the consistency using water. ;)

Found this! Hope it helps!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336340375.580296.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336340375.580296.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 274
3% and 9% make 6%

6% and 12% make 9%

It's much better than diluting with water xx

how do you dilute 12% to 3%? I was under the impression you could only dilute with water? Is it 1 part 12% to 3 parts water?
Also is pastel 3% and can you use it with bleach?

Ive also worked on the basis that its better to dilute using 2 different activators than it is to use water.

Never mixed with water so cant comment on it but i did read somewhere it has to be distilled water rather than plain old tap and i know bottled water contains alot of sodium so i would be wary of using it for that reason alone.

x

Latest posts

Back