Mobile and at capacity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Hi all, just after advice. I run a fully mobile service that is currently at capacity, I work 6 days a week and 2 evenings. I cannot fit anymore clients in yet I still receive many enquiries a week, yesterday I turned away 3 new clients. I'm at the point where I need to make a decision as to what to do next and I have a few ideas but was wondering if anyone else has been in this position and what they did?
I don't want to move to a salon but was wondering if I should take someone on as an employee or another idea was to sell leads to other therapists. My marketing is obviously working so I don't really just want to hand over clients for free!!

What has anyone else done in this situation?

Time to put your prices up and work smarter not harder :) You may lose some clients but you shouldn't lose out financially by doing this. I don't think taking on an employee as mobile can really work.

Hey Nat-Nat

How long did it take you to get a good steady client base??

I'm just starting mobile and can't wait to give up the day job lol

Following :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Following too x

I agree-definitely put up your prices.

Now.......share your secrets! ;-)

Hey Nat-Nat

And how do you work with promotions and marketing please ? Xx

Definetly put your prices up, I was in this position in April and put my prices up, lost quite a few clients but do I mind? Most definitely not, why? Because I'm working half the hours and still earning exactly the same (some weeks more) best decision I ever made! Also wheedled out a lot of my nightmare clients!
I'm mobile so too so looked into lots of options such as hiring someone else, 'sub contracting' work, not sure if that's the right way of describing what I was trying to do lol! It all fell with more cons than pros so I scrapped the idea & put my prices up. However I have found I'm in a similar position now again to what I was in back In April with having a lot more work than what I can accommodate again, for the time being I'm managing to balance it a bit but forsee me having to put my prices up again next year or look at hiring again xxxxx

Thanks everyone, I've already gone down the prices up route! Didn't loose anyone! I've also put my hours down to give me more me time so I've done the work smarter not harder route!! Price rise will happen again in April so not worried about that. I also retail and upsell to clients too so just having to think about the next step!

People wanting to follow you can do it on the thread tools!!

People wanting tips: things that have worked for me have been solid branding, good website, using Facebook correctly and networking!!

Hey Nat-Nat

Vanilla, I started the same as you! Work hard and have patience is the best thing I can say! I worked 18 months full time whilst I built up the business then part time for a further 2 years till I left a year ago to launch full time!! X

I think we should all just say a massive congrats to Nat-Nat for showing just what can be done!

People wanting tips: things that have worked for me have been solid branding, good website, using Facebook correctly and networking!!

. . . couldn't have put it any better. This is how to build a loyal client base in a nutshell!

I would also suggest to anyone, that even if you have put your prices up, if you are still at this sort of capacity there is no issue with putting them up again. I am actually working on a formula (yep that maths stuff) to help you work out exactly how much to increase your prices so as not to affect your customer base, just in the testing phase now! If anyone would be interested in it once its done just send me an email to [email protected] or a message through Salon Geek and I will let you know once it is ready.

Adam

Yes true.. i started with pedicure and manicure 10 quid each and worked 6 months with that .. now i have regular clients paying 22 for pedi and 20 for mani happily :) play the game safe ;-)

I think we should all just say a massive congrats to Nat-Nat for showing just what can be done!

. . . couldn't have put it any better. This is how to build a loyal client base in a nutshell!

Thanks Adam :)

Nat Nat that's fab to hear and very inspirational! Def put your prices up and try and give yourself an extra day off to relax. Hair/beauty careers take a roll on our bodies and although we can work hard back to back now, as age creeps in so do the creaks in out bodies! Look after yourself xx

Latest posts

Back