Mobile and being an employee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyd91

Reaction score
hi all. Just wondering how to go about...
I left the salon 3 years ago after the birth of my 2nd child. I've done friends and family all the way through and now have a standard job 25hrs a week as I wanted a regular income with hours to suit. But I want to still do hair and thought about mobile around my normal working hours. How do I go about setting up on my own, paying tax on 2 incomes etc etc.
Any advice is appreciated x

hi all. Just wondering how to go about...
I left the salon 3 years ago after the birth of my 2nd child. I've done friends and family all the way through and now have a standard job 25hrs a week as I wanted a regular income with hours to suit. But I want to still do hair and thought about mobile around my normal working hours. How do I go about setting up on my own, paying tax on 2 incomes etc etc.
Any advice is appreciated x
Speak to an accountant. Ask friends/family for recommendations. It's easy enough to register as self employed with HMRC, but an accountant will help you with expenses, etc. Mine gave me an Excel spreadsheet that was all set up to help me do my own books. He would work out all my expenses and submit my tax return and only charged me £150 a year. Saved my a lot of time and money.

You don’t actually need an accountant, especially as you’re not doing it full time. It’s very simple to register and follow the HMRC guidance, especially if you keep your paperwork organised and are diligent about record keeping. If you struggle with paperwork, then using the services of a book keeper or accountant can be worthwhile.

Don’t forget that if you’ve already reached the threshold and paying tax on your day job, you will be paying tax on all your profit from your mobile business.

Latest posts

Back