Self employed beauty or nail tech earnings.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily1605

Reaction score
Totally understand if people don’t want to comment, how much do you earn? Self employed? How many hours etc, after deductions, I have worked on my own for over 7 years, and I have nothing to compare what I get, I don’t know if I’m doing ok, or if I need to spice things up, iv been out of the loop I would say. Or if I should go back to a salon! Thanks ☺️

The latest article in the Daily Mail last week said that techs on average were earning less than £8 an hour, this was about the National Nail Tech Price Increase day. I think its supposed to happen on 8th April???

Personally I'm struggling to break even and I work from home, I dread to think how those with salon rent to find are coping.

It is tough to remain open these days and by doing offers and promotions to bring in the cash reduces takings even more. I do all aspects of beauty and am really struggling.
Clients' habits have changed.
The Summer should improve the situation with clients' holidays but I don't bank on anything anymore.

Emily1605 are you actually satisfied with your income? Also having the freedom of self employment without the benefits of being employed with holiday pay etc? Only you know what is right for you and what your income needs are.

Look at additional training but do your research first if you do decide to remain self employed. It could give you a bit of a boost if you are just feeling like you need a change.

I’ll tell about the USA, West Texas. I have 50 years in the business and can’t afford to retire anytime soon.

Just filed my Federal Tax return and fortunately I had saved enough to cover the $4900 owed.

I pay $125 a week for a space 7ft x 7ft. I have a pedicure chair, desk, my stool and 1 chair, a small stand for laptop and microwave. Three wall cabinets for towels and supplies.

I have 66 standing clients and several one offs.

I work 40-45 hours a week and average 1300$ a week. Still not getting rich 😮‍💨🤣

I love my work, bottom line.

Change of topic. What is the National Nail Tech Price Increase? Guess I will research that. Interesting.

Well, I just looked up the price increase item. According to those stats I work differently.

I take a client every hour. To help my timing I clean the pedi bowl as I’m polishing the last client’s toes.

As a sidenote, in my part of the world, the living wage is $22 an hour for a household of two people with one working

Poverty level is considered $11.75 an hour, two people one working.

The worst thing is the minimum wage set by the Texas state government is $7.25. Terrible.

Latest posts

Back