Mobile beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashahulme17

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me at all.

I am a qualified HD Brow/LvL Lash mobile therapist.... I have a manicure and pedicure qualification too.

At the minute I only provide treatments outside my normal job (although im hoping to expand and take it up full time).

I'm looking into doing the Harmony Gelish, Fake Bake Spray Tan & eventually MUA course.. I'm just wondering if there are any others who have done any of these & feel it is definitely worth doing and makes the money back?

Also practicability with mobility etc?

Thanks xxx

I know therapists that do offer a lot of treatments but to be honest I think you are taking up a lot.
Have you thought about how much practice you'll need for each additional treatment that you'll be adding? I mean to get up to scratch & feel confident.

Or how much kit you'll have to be lugging around to offer all these treatments?
Just a thought, I'm honestly not trying to put the idea down.

Ive offered nails for the past 5 years and have been training to be a make up artist for the past year & a half so o can offer both services and I'm still not advertising for clients yet for make up. (My kit has also cost me around £2000 and I'm not finished yet!)

Just some things to think about xx

I offer a lot of treatments and if I'm completely honest (Although I love it) I wish I'd have stuck with nails and waxing..... They are by far my most popular treatments. Nails outway everything I do and I'd say 95% of my money comes from that! However my kit has taken my 18 months to get everything I need. I can offer extensions but all of my ladies just have gel polish and want to grow there own..... My kits have taken up a lot of room in my house, as obviously everything needs to be in bags/holdalls.... I have 2 bags for my nail kit. Holdall and tent for spray tanning. Holdall for massage. Holdall for pedicure/manicure. Holdall for Facials. Holdall for my Makeup and a stanley tool trolley for my waxing and tinting!!! Plus my beauty couch and my manicure/nail table!!! Honestly its a nightmare! I dread to think how much I have spent in the last 18 months!!! AND I'm also only part time as I have 2 children (4 and 1)

I did the Fake Bake spray tan course in Liverpool. Its quick and relatively simple, half a days training for £50! Can't go wrong. The start up costs aren't bad, compared to nails needing loads of colour choices and acrylic. But you need a big box and pop up tent to store and for the amount of tans you do there's not many anymore! There's a few loyal customers who can't stand to be bare and some who still love that really bronzed colour then there's more in summer who like a natural glow before a holiday or a wedding but nails is defiantly a constant stream. If you do tan then go for a bog standard HVLP off eBay! I had my heart set on a bigger better one but it just isn't needed. So don't get lost in wanting he best, I get good results from my small FB. You can always up grade if you find you get a lot of clients wanting it.
If you want to do them all then I'd say do soak off gels then tan then acrylics. Hope this helps.
I want to do LVL lashes! Think I'll go with nouveau after looking into it. As I'm new to mobile though I need to spend more on gels and advertising first then to hopefully quit my day job too. So it might have to wait until the end of the year or maybe next. Who did you train with if you don't mind me asking?

Hi I'm mobile too. I think nail gel makes its money back really well as its an all year long treatment. I did Shellac in July and soon made the money back.
I did tanning at the same time with Nouvatan and that's been much slower for me, although maybe some of that's my fault as I have pushed nails more but with spring and wedding season coming up i'm train and it's easy to carry your equipment around. Down sides are having solution going off if you don't use it in 6 months, I now only by smaller bottles for the time being!

I hope you don't mind me asking on your thread but I'm going to be adding lash lifts next month. Can I ask why you choose LVL over other brands? My difficulty is the cost of the service price to me is high in comparison to other brands. I'm in two minds wether to go for LVL or if to stick to a cheaper brand as I don't want to be left not being able to get work in as the area I work may not get the clientele.
Thank you

*upside not I'm train [emoji51]

Hiya, i think LvL was better with the whole package - i tend to sell it as a better alternative to lash perming with the condition of the lashes etc.... I found that offering it as a low maintenance alternative to semi perms went really well!

Perfect thank you all the for advice i think im going to go ahead with the gel polish and see how it goes..
xx

Latest posts

Back