Mobile hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanaabdn

Reaction score
Ive just started doing mobile hairdressing as i love it so much but have a day job. I trained in a salon. I

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry i accidently pressed submit.. haha.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting some more customers. Ive been using facebook but not so many people liking the page as yet. And also places to get price lists made?
As im just startig im still using my own hairdryer but looking at getting a diva hairdryer and straighteners, anyome got any reviews on these? I use nxt colour and matrix (what i trained with) for some colours (reds high lifts) because i know how good they are but on general use just nxt. Anyone that has any tips on anything i need would be much appreicated. I have all my stuff like brushes combs shampoo products etc.
Thanks

On facebook post onto the fb pages of your area so for example I live in manchester the group might br manchester swap sell and promote . Or the area in the city /town u live in . Gumtree x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there, I found that a leaflet/ flyer drop in your local area is very effective. I use Vistaprint online and they look very professional.

Hi I went mobile 4 years ago and love it. It's took until now to get major busy do give up UR job just yet I did it the same as u working and mobile to. You need to set a add on Google which is free and all the free advertising sites you can find. Such as Thomson local anything that is free. I got my leaflets from a client of mine 5000 for 120ish hi web site is www.eyedeedesing.co.uk think of an ideal design and he was brilliant with mine the cheapest for top quality leaflets xx

Thank you! Ive made some cards on vista print and going to print some leaflets too. Using facebook to promote myself too! Anybody got any advice on straighteners and hairdryers to buy?

I still have my ghds from 6 years ago and still going strong but corioliss are supposed to be good and I love my parlux hairdryer x

I have ghds but they are being a bit dodgy and think its time for an upgrade. Maybe thinking of cloud 9 ones?!

Do you think disposable towels are a good idea too? Ive never even thought about taking my own towels but is it a good idea?

I personally dont like them hair is still dripping wet after using them x

Disposable towels are a waist of time buy normal towels and just wash them they will last a long time Savin u money you can also claim for the washing powder through you books lol

Ive gone from GHD's to diva professional and the difference is immense don't know why I didn't do this ages ago

You should search for marketing tips on this site. I remember a few excellent threads about that on this site already.

You should definitely take a look at disposable towels. They can save you time, money and space.

If you use the correct technique they are more absorbent than cotton towels. Clients love getting their own personal towel for every appointment.

If you want info about our range let me know?

Best of luck with your business.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I have ghds but they are being a bit dodgy and think its time for an upgrade. Maybe thinking of cloud 9 ones?!

Iv heard cloud 9 to be better than GHD not yet tried them myself but will defo not be buying ghds again..

I have cloud nine. One pass is enough, I did have ghd eclipse but prefer the cloud nine. I also have a parlux dryer. I take my hat off to the mobile hairdresser. I worked in a salon for 9 years and walked couple weeks ago. I without doubt believe they work much harder from recent experience. I have absolutely no intention of carrying on with mobile.

What do you do for having a mirror?

You basically need everything a salon has except a clima-zone! I built up overtime and now carry 6 bags of kit - This includes everything from gowns, to floor mats and lollypops for kids!

I recently bought the Corolis C2 Straighteners which are good but titanium so I'm still getting used to the plates plus you can't beat a parlux dryer although apparently the GHD one is excellent. I have to say the best pieces of equipment I have bought is the Babyliss Perfect Curl - I use it every day from brides through to party curls - everyone loves it and its such a talking point and the Diva hot pod and rollers.

Re Marketing: Social media marketing is definitely the way forward - I post every day (tweets/updates) and even run competitions to win products so invest some time and it will pay off! Good luck x

Log in to your local area on netmums and post up your details and prices etc on the notice board. When I did mobile I had quite a few people contact me through doing that. Good Luck :)

I love FHI straighteners. They are so hard waring.
My face book page has only just started gathering speed. Think about who you service and make sure they are on your FB page. That is where you post events/sales/offers/new services. Also put on there all training you attend and this makes people take notice. Eg, "my hairdresser has just done a course in ????".People like to brag about how qualified their hairdresser is. Again it's that my hairdresser is better than yours thing.

Do group bookings. Even if you offer a slight discount, (think about fuel). You make more money without travelling time and you service more people. More people means more FB page members.

I now have one day off a week where I do mobile and the rest of the week I'm in the salon, then at night I do two nights a week.

I love mobile. I can't wait to do it full time again after 8 years of being a prisoner in a salon. Slight exaggeration I know but I feel suffocated by those four walls.

I loved working in a salon but i had a bad experence and the scammed me out of money for "training" when really i shouldnt have been paying. (Got all the money back after a long fight)
There were no jobs going anywhere when i qualified so had to go another way.
Im just looking for some tips and maybe some handy money saving tips from other hairdressers that have been doing this for a while!
What about bank accounts, did you get a business bank account or just open a normal current account but just for business. Also, ive read about you only need to register for tax if your going to be making >£71000 a year?
Thanks. I really appreciate another few pairs of eyes on this. Opens your mind to things you might not have thought of!

Latest posts

Back