Mobile Laser hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza Doolittle

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just wondering if Laser hair removal can be done as a mobile Beauty Therapist?

I am trying to add some new & exciting treatments to offer to my clients. I need to inject some new 'life' into my mobile business.

Thanks x

hiya, Iv not done laser mobile but I am qualified in it, and i have seen a lady do it mobile, you can get mobile machines which are still quite quite big and heavy but will fit into the boot of a car, this lady went into salons tho and did it that way, the only thing you would have to be careful with going into peoples homes is things like the safety aspect (ie): your not aloud mirrors around when doing laser and the ventilation of the room you would do it in.

But laser can be done mobile.

Sarah xx

Yes you can do it mobile and your also exempt from registering with HCC. But if you do go freelance into a salon then that salon has to be registered!

Thanks for your replies! Do you know which machines are suitable to be mobile???

Thanks x

You know I do but I am having total brain loss at the minute! lol!!

Energist I think but not 100% sure. I know there are a couple of smaller machines out there that are exempt from HCC and Mobile.

I am going to go have to beat my brain awake and think of their name and I will PM you when it comes back to me.
xx

Hi All. The regulations mean that all systems (laser & IPL) have to be registered when used in a clinic. Mobile is exempt, but this then brings up the suitability and efficacy of a unit that can be caried with ease. The lighter the unit, the less power it can emit... a very simple equation, due to the build of the components. I can explain more if anyone wants to PM me. There are many units out there that can be carried with ease, and wierdly a lot of unhappy clients !!

Hi All. The regulations mean that all systems (laser & IPL) have to be registered when used in a clinic. Mobile is exempt, but this then brings up the suitability and efficacy of a unit that can be caried with ease. The lighter the unit, the less power it can emit... a very simple equation, due to the build of the components. I can explain more if anyone wants to PM me. There are many units out there that can be carried with ease, and wierdly a lot of unhappy clients !!

Yes, I understand what you are saying, thanks. I did wonder myself if it would be appropriate to do as mobile. I think I will leave that idea for the time being!:|

Hi Eliza,

Bit concerned about these replies, I asked this question on here earlier this and did further research.
Initially I thought this my be a loop hole for exemption, but I was wrong.
At current, you MUST be registered with the HCC to handle type 3 laser and to carry out such non-surgical treatments. That includes all premises too.
You would have to register a main place of practise, then each and every additonal premises has to be passed too, at subsequent charges.
The biggest part of the HCC registration is of emphasis of the health and safety of premises, so they have to inspect all of them. Suppliers of laser products will/ should be telling you this also.

However, at the moment, HCC are in the middle of discussing de-regulating/ localising regulation, so things could change. But until it's decided, the current rules stand and you must be registered.

It's a bit of search but full details on the stuff I mentioned is on HCC website.

Latest posts

Back