Mobile phone use for business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Morrice 1

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could advise what percentage of your mobile phone bill I can use when doing my tax return? It is the same phone I use for personal and work x

Originally I downloaded a few months of my usage and worked out the average of personal to work ratio, then applied that each month, its pennies either way. That said I swapped my mobile contract to a £10 per month contract last year and I claim all of it now. If you have the actual handset as part of the contract it'll be different as that's either a business expense or personal.

Originally I downloaded a few months of my usage and worked out the average of personal to work ratio, then applied that each month, its pennies either way. That said I swapped my mobile contract to a £10 per month contract last year and I claim all of it now. If you have the actual handset as part of the contract it'll be different as that's either a business expense or personal.
Thanks so much that’s very helpful

It’s almost impossible for HMRC to argue your usage, so as long as you put through a fair % that you can justify you’ll be ok. Even putting all of it through like @Trinity says given how small the monthly charge is.

It’s almost impossible for HMRC to argue your usage, so as long as you put through a fair % that you can justify you’ll be ok. Even putting all of it through like @Trinity says given how small the monthly charge is.
Yes I did think this ok I’ll go with that thank you xxx

Latest posts

Back