Mobile spray tanning - too scared

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all , I’m looking for a bit of advice on mobile spray tanning.

I got qualified in spray tanning early this year and along side other treatments, was doing it from home without a problem. Absolutely loved doing it & loved seeing the clients happy with results.

Due to changes , I am now mobile but have turned down so many spray tan bookings because I’m so cautious and anxious about how I’d do this in someone else’s home.

Reaching out to other mobile spray tanners? What do you do? What can I do to put my mind at ease

Following this thread x

Hi, I'm mobile and it was little trial and error but my tips would be..

* put the machine on a towel
* transfer solution into gun either in tent or on dark towel
* aim to do it in rooms with hard flooring rather than carpets (kitchens tends to be best)
* have a rough idea how big your tent is so you can gauge where it will fit
* dependent on the length of power cable on your machine possibly back an extension lead
* position your tent carefully for light sources
* I carry my tent & all other equipment/solution in one wheely case so it's easy to get in and out without loads of baggage

Hope this helps!! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try and help :)

That’s a great starting point from @LouiseMobileBeautyTan. I agree with what she is saying.

I would also try and have a quick chat with you clients before hand to see what skin tones they are to you can gauge the tannyou are taking with you. Just makes it easier rather than carrying all your bottles of tan into the clients house.

If you don’t have a booking system that sends reminders etc that is also free to use have a look at https://www.shedul.com/ its great and easy to use. You’ll be able to keep notes etc so you’ll know what tan you used etc. As well as keeping your note on your client cards too.

Make sure you plan you mobile appointments too so that they aren’t all over the area you live in. Otherwise you’ll spend so much time travelling.

Hope this helps too

Do you find it stains the clients homes as it lingers in the air?! Do you get them to sign something to say there is risk to staining their home?? I too am scared to the potential backlash

Do you find it stains the clients homes as it lingers in the air?! Do you get them to sign something to say there is risk to staining their home?? I too am scared to the potential backlash

If you are really anxious about it, maybe mobile isn’t for you.

But tan doesn’t stain some things but it does others. I have a white metal beauty trolley and the residue leaves red specks on it. But al the rest of my furniture is white from Ikea and doesn’t stain. Then there is the white plastic leather hand rest on my nail table that gets red splashes that don’t come off.

It wipes off everything, but somestuff it won’t. You could include something about it in your consult form for them to sign.

But unless they have a white metal or white plastic/leather furniture you will probably be fine.

I’ve been doing this in my home for years but only got it on the carpet the other day. Washed off easily with a micro fibre cloth. Now I have carpet I use an oil cloth fabric square on the floor under the tent in case it leaks.

Latest posts

Back