More questions for you all!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarrieW

Reaction score
My plan to move to Spain has kind of gone into fast forward, and we will be leaving in 2 months...

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! :eek: :eek:

Along with packing:cry: , paying off bills and saying tearful goodbyes to all of my friends:sad: , I also have to get my head around starting a business on my own renting space in my friends salon.

Questions questions questions...

1) Insurance - do you know of any companies that offer insurance for nail technicians in Spain?
2) Geeg - I wont have time to do my Brisa conversion before I go as there just isn't a minute free - do you run conversions in Benissa? :irked:
3) Business cards - I am completely stuck for wording, layout - all suggestions gladly received! How do you word your qualifications etc?
4) Any advice for somebody starting up on her own? Any pitfalls I can avoid?
5) Advertising - what are the best ways to get business in - fast?!

Sorry for so many questions! Hope somebody can help - pm me if you want.

Thanks guys.:D

Hi Carrie

firstly DON'T PANIC, easier said than done when moving abroad but honestly believe me when I say that not rushing and not getting yourself into a state will become a way of life once you've moved over here, it's a lot more relaxed.

what part of Spain are you moving to? I live just outside of Valencia, up the east coast.

best way of advertising is to find out if there are any ex-pat magazines or papers locally, trade as a mobile tech to start off with and go for the English speakers first until you're confident with the language.

I've got to go and get my son from school now but will write again later on, feel free to PM me if you like or email.

Take care
Sandi

:o I feel a complete prat now... just read your profile and see that you are a Spanish tutor :o I take it the language won't be a problem lol !!!

I suppose advertising all depends on your local community, ours is VERY Spanish as us English are only just discovering this part of Spain (compared to Malaga, Alicante area etc). Business cards seem to be the best way forward to start off with (for me anyway), I placed mine in some bars/cafes that I knew the english expats visited, very slow to start off with but business should be even better after I do my Fabric# conversion next month. It's more a case of getting yourself 'noticed'. I'm still working on that side of it.

Dragon Insurance do a wide range of different insurance policies, also try your Spanish bank, they can be competitive too. I'm in the process of looking for insurance, when I have luck I'll let you know.

x

Hi Sandi

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I am a language tutor so that wont be a problem, but I'm still nervous as hell!

I'm moving to Torrevieja, which has a huge ex-pat community but I am hoping to get the Spanish market aswell.

We are hoping to go further south after a few years - Mar Menor is so much nicer and prettier, but we have to go where the work is while we are starting out!

Whereabouts in Valencia are you? How long have you been there?

x

No help at all but Can I Come Too

Have fun & enjoy. Valencian Nails & Geeg will point you in the right direction, best of luck.
Sonia

Latest posts

Back