moving house wowes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
back in january i made a descision to move from gosport hampshire to southport mersyside after 12 years of being away.
well we finally moved on friday the 13th of august and when we moved realised the bathroom was scank the wireing was dangerous and the roof was rotten.
i am sitting here today my car blocked in the drive by the roofers van, the dark barking constantly at the roofers drill and yet again i am on here all day everyday(not complaining about that bit.
my hubby works away and has been away for 2 weeks in that two weeks i have had the house re wired, new windows put in and a front door the bathroom plastered and refitted.
and today the roofers turned up...............
but i have been left with a few problems.
1. my hair straighteners have died.........from straightening my hair everyday.......sad but you have to make an effort dont you especially when you have electricians, plumbers and roofers turning up at 8 oclock in the morning.
and yesterday i went to doctors as my lower back was giving me jip......turns out that because i wont go to the toilet because of work men being in the house.(and i have no pelvic floor as it is) i have not been drinking enough fluids (scared i need the tiolet).and its a small kidney infection
after losing my rag with my hubby (you know."why do you have to leave me to deal with all this s**t")
i got a phone call my mate she is flying down to stay this weekend ,on saturday i am going to get wasted (not to wasted as i need a clear head for sunday and my spending)
then sunday we are going to gmex cant flipping wait.
p.s even though we love our husbands very much why do we feel the need to put so much slap on just because we have workmen in the house :wink2:
any how needed to get that of me chest

Hey Joanne, hope things work out with the house OK.
I hate workmen too, and my old next door neighbour hated them even more - she came round to hide in my house when the plasterer was round (not least because he was an absolute weirdo who regaled her with tales of his broken relationship and asked he if she had any pot, because he could do with some!).
Keep your chin up, soon you'll have a lovely shiny house you can chill out in!
Lol x

bimbogeri said:
Hey Joanne, hope things work out with the house OK.
I hate workmen too, and my old next door neighbour hated them even more - she came round to hide in my house when the plasterer was round (not least because he was an absolute weirdo who regaled her with tales of his broken relationship and asked he if she had any pot, because he could do with some!).
Keep your chin up, soon you'll have a lovely shiny house you can chill out in!
Lol x
youve cheered me up all ready your poor neighbour (made me laugh though)

my friend had a carpenter come to lay a new oak floor, 9 months later he's moved in! Not that i'm suggesting you go this route for one minute! Atleast her carpenter was good looking!

I had builders for 12 months every day from 8.00am till 5.00pm, 5 days a week - wouldn't have minded if they were vaguely good looking but alas no, but they did become part of the family. I had a fab cake made for them when they left - all these little builder's bums sticking out of the icing!

Anyway, the upheavel will be worth it in the end...i stuck with it, through lathe and plaster walls being ripped out, no roof, no staircase, the list is endless but we had been offered accommodation with mother in law whilst the work was in progress, but since i kindly refused, i had to put up and shut up!

I too can empathise......not because we have builders in, but because my husband is one!!........Grrreat I hear you cry...........Nooooo I loudly sigh!!!

This just means that he does it all himself, which of course halves the cost, but trebles the time as he can only do it at weekends.

However, boy does he graft and I just keep thinking..........this time next year (for the past 2 years!!!).

All the best........we're with you in spirit!

Adele

my dad is a shop fitter and our house was a constant building site for the 18 years( scaffolding up the back of the house for the most part) i lived there his work though was amazing..............on other peoples house lol

you poor thing:sad: At least you got sunday to look forward to :D :D

loads of :hug: :hug: (they're so cute, they gotta make you smile again!)

x

Parlour-Made Nails said:
you poor thing:sad: At least you got sunday to look forward to :D :D

loads of :hug: :hug: (they're so cute, they gotta make you smile again!)

x
and they did.....thanks :D

hey i have lived in my house 8 years, and have got a half done bathroom, and dave still hasnt put the plinths on the kitchen cupboards , it has been in about 6 years by the time he gets round to it , i will be wanting to rip it out :D , lol , mind you he managed to paint a gate this morning so i think that is his years worth :D

will probably see you lot on the next series of DIY SOS!

my 3 boys keep pestering me to ring "sixty minute make over" i would be to embarrasssed to be on the telly though

Latest posts

Back