MS Access Query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJGracie

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a mobile therapist who has finally decided to get all her client info etc... onto a computer and save herself lots of filing cabinet space!

I bought MS Access 2007 upgrade and have successfully added all my clients contact/medical/patch test info, as well as getting all my accounts on there (yeah!! - well done me!)

Now I'm a bit stuck though.

Is there a way that I can create a database where I can add dates of treatments/notes etc... for individual clients, and link it back to their client ref. numbers in the personal info database?

If not, is there a way to just keep treatment records?

Thanks in advance for help. :wink2:

I havent trained any office 2007 but I have trained people in office 2003.

First of all, if you have not already done it, add a field to the exisiting table called 'client code' and allocate each customer a code. This could be the primary key field.

Now create another table detailing all the treatments and include a field called 'client code' (this could be a lookup wizard linked to the first table) and each treatment you log will have an allocated client.

Now create a relationship between the two tables using the 'client code' fields as the link (making sure you enforce referential integrity)

hope this helps

other wise pm me for more info

Latest posts

Back