Consultation forms & client record cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieL84

Suzanne Humphray Skin & Beauty
Reaction score
Hi lovelies,
I have gotten myself into a bit of a confused pickle with my paperwork. I have devised all of my own consultation forms for each of my treatments (waxing, manicure/pedicure, facials, eye treatments), I have included all relevant questions/information & client declaration etc. My plan was to use these for every treatment during consultation so that I have signed permission & records etc. Some of the treatments I offer provide their own consultation/record cards (MyLash Lash Lift, Perron Rigot, CND Shellac & possibly Crystal Clear when I complete their skincare training for my facials next week). I don’t want clients having to fill in two lots of forms before every treatment but I find that some of the forms provided by the brands is missing a lot of the information we were taught to include in consultation when we were at college. Obviously I am finding this very confusing. I want to make sure that I am covered by my insurance & also following the guidelines given by the brands to avoid any disputes. And I am also a little OCD about having everything in order & ‘matching’. Also, I was taught that a client record card should hold only the necessary details for each client including medical info. So do I include medical info on the client record card or on the consultation forms (contra indications etc). I’m so confused! Just looking for some help or advice of ideas Please & thank you xxx

I would suggest you have a front page where you fill in all your consultation details relevant to all the treatments you do.
Then attach back pages where you record, by order of date, what treatments they have had and what products you used.

If you have separate cards for each treatment it’s going to get very complicated when clients have 3 or 4 different things in one appointment.

Having it all in date order you can follow the flow of your clients needs and treatment regularity.

Thank you so much for your reply! So do you mean combine the Client Record Card & Consultation into one document? The front sheet including personal details/medical info/contra indications & then also all information for every treatment? For example skin analysis details, diet/lifestyle etc? If I do it this way what do I do if some of the details change from one appointment to the next? I’m so sorry for all the questions & sorry if I’m being really dozy. X

Yes that’s the idea.
You’ll find a lot of the info overlaps so doesn’t take up as much space as you think.
If you need to update the original consultation info then still write it on the front sheet but put a date in to show when the client told you the change. If it’s really important then write it in red ink.

Thanks for your help & advice CFBS I have devised a new ‘Client Consultation Record’ cover sheet including all relevant info for all treatments, as you suggested. And I have devised a back page to list all treatments etc. It flows so much better! I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before. Thank you again for your help xxx

Latest posts

Back