My first perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
I did my first perm today on a paying client. I actually loved it. Still a bit slow with the winding. I wonder when they will come back in for the younger ladies? Also does any one have any tips with perming hair ?

I think that they will come back soon. I've had a few clients having perms on the curlformers especially last summer for the beach tousled curl x

I often wondered about perking with the curlformers, is it easy enough to do?

I agree. Perms are a really useful tool as well for someone with sparse, limp, straight hair who always wants to wear it in curly styles but it drops out after 10 minutes!

I often wondered about perking with the curlformers, is it easy enough to do?

Ah they're fabulous plus your client doesn't feel like they are having a perm if you know what I mean! Go on YouTube and type in curlformers perm there's a really good tutorial on them xx

Just watched it on YouTube, they're brilliant aren't they! X

Ah they're fabulous plus your client doesn't feel like they are having a perm if you know what I mean! Go on YouTube and type in curlformers perm there's a really good tutorial on them xx

Just had a look too, looks great. I hate doing regular granny perms I always avoid! But I wouldn't mind doing this.

Has anyone heard of digital perming?

I don't know much about it at all, but apparently it's a a cross between a keratin treatmeant and a perm, so it has all the conditioning/frizz controlling elements of a keratin treatment, with the curl and volume of a perm.

Apparently Kate Middleton has it done, but that could be a rumour lol x

I don't know much about it at all, but apparently it's a a cross between a keratin treatmeant and a perm, so it has all the conditioning/frizz controlling elements of a keratin treatment, with the curl and volume of a perm.

I've seen a video on it! They used rollers the size of normal rollers, not perm rollers. Then they blow dried it holding each curl in their hand and it looked like a heated roller set.

Yes that's what in talking about! Do you know what product they used? I think it's a Japanese thing x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes that's what in talking about! Do you know what product they used? I think it's a Japanese thing x

Nope I have no idea! X

I like the curlformers 😊

I think that they will come back soon. I've had a few clients having perms on the curlformers especially last summer for the beach tousled curl x

Have you got any pics of your curlformer perms?

Yep, I've seen this demo'd at 'Salon' about 2 years ago..To be honest, on the day it was a flop!.... I kept going back to the stand as I soooo wanted it to end well, but it didn't. The models hair was long, heavy and straight, so possibly not the best head of hair for this particular treatment. :o

Yep, I've seen this demo'd at 'Salon' about 2 years ago..To be honest, on the day it was a flop!.... I kept going back to the stand as I soooo wanted it to end well, but it didn't. The models hair was long, heavy and straight, so possibly not the best head of hair for this particular treatment. :o

But that's the head of hair that would benefit from it most! Haha, that's annoying :/

Yes you're right...as I said, I so wanted it to work...back to the drawing board on that one.....:|

Following.

Not done a perm in a lonnnng time!

I never thought I'll do a perm, but I opened a salon and whet I get? Guess, only perms and sets lol it took me 7 moth to work it out what perm to use tried all! The best I found and been advised to use is Avec extra body, it's an acid perm but suits to everybody( even on grey hair just leave for longer), so love the perms now and all clients are happy!

Latest posts

Back