My shellac is on it's way - now need customers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

violet1

Reaction score
I must just tell you how excited I am, I ordered my shellac this morning, and other l&p bits, and mani/pedi stuff! So as from tomorrow I'll be ready to go. Obviously lots of practising with shellac first! I have ordered 17 colours, is this enough range to get started and offer the service?

I am also going to get 5000 leaflets printed, and have 3000 put in doors. Did leaflet dropping work with you?

As I said this is all very exciting for me, but I can't help but worry and feel guilty about how much this all is costing me, after spending £600 this morning not to mention setting up my room and courses! My husband is very supportive but it does make me feel bad as it's such a lot of money to us and I really need to make it work.

Best of luck to you!

I find word of mouth works best. :)

This will be your best investment ever.
When i spent out on all my shellac kit my other half went mental "you already have 100s of polishes why are you buying more?"
Now that he realises how much in demand for this service there is he has(half joking/half serious) considered learning the system himself to help me out.

It is all word of mouth....once the word is out....BANG!!

So some advice for promoting your shellac....

Website..have you got one???is it coming up high on the search rankings??
If you havent got one...Are you mad??? I have shellac all over my website and programmed in lots as a key word.The majority of my website hits are all typing "shellac"into google.If you have got a website...definately use the youtube shellac advertisement on it.

Posters/marketing....depending on if you are salon or mobile based.Sweet squared now sell posters for shellac but prior to this i mocked up my own on microsoft publisher and got them blown up.

Find the "local gossip girl"...the one who works with lots of other woman...and likes spreading everyones gossip...use her to your advantage...give her a free shellac manicure and watch her do the work for you

Also find someone local to you that perhaps works in your local bank,supermarket,nursery,shoe shop...hairdressers..and offer a free one off treatment....I myself am in the process of giving out a couple of free treatments to the lady who works in the coffee shop next door to me...along with a pile of my flyers.....

Oh and dont forget mums at school....

I am not saying go mad and do lots of free work but if you choose a few who are seen out and about ,handling money or cutting hair...

Shellac does sell itself..once someone has it they will be singing its praises..trust me

Shellac has turned my business around and i am sure it will do the same for you.Good luck

I am also going to get 5000 leaflets printed, and have 3000 put in doors. Did leaflet dropping work with you?

ps leaflets have NEVER worked for me. The statistics say that you get x1 response for every 100 you put out...and that's a response not necessarily a booking....i go back to my previous post...WEBSITE....GET ONE/USE ONE

i am not a computer geek at all and my spelling and punctuation is also rubbish but i spent three weeks reading up on search engines and how they work etc..and kept tweaking my keywords and tags until i got myself top of the rankings...EVERY NEW SHELLAC client of mine comes from GOOGLE.

Thank you both!

Fantastic ideas louise, yes I do have a website. I found last time when I had it I got all my clients from that. So that was the first thing I set up. I think giving away a few free shellacs is a great idea, and you have given me a few ideas!! I did laugh at the gossip girl, and I have someone in mind! Lol she is one of my "playground" friends from school who works locally in an office block and talks a lot - perfect! I think the hairdresser idea is great too, I always look at their nails! quite surprised about the leaflets - although it does make sense. I might give that one a miss. Thanks again x

Also going to try Facebook page once I get some pics x

Latest posts

Back